One way to stop spam here

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

One way to stop spam here

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:27 pm

There is a membership script called Amember that works with phpbb – if you install it new users will have to use the sign-up form on Amember that is totally different than the phpbb sign-up form (also the sign-in form is totally different).

It also prevents password sharing so a spammer in one country cant give his sign-in info to a spammer in another country, you can also prevent the same account from being signed-in mutable times at the same time

So far this has stopped ALL of the spam on the forums I run and administer (excluding spammers with pulses)

http://www.amember.com/

~James
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Re: One way to stop spam here

Postby Kurt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Thanks for the tip.

The manual spammers from India and the Phillipines are impossible to stop but they tend not to "swarm" like the automated Russians and Chinese do.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: One way to stop spam here

Postby Caliban » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:14 am

Kurt wrote:Thanks for the tip.

The manual spammers from India and the Phillipines are impossible to stop .

Oh I don't know. There are a few people on here who could stop themfor you if you have the names and addresses.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Return to Technical Questions