mozilla by proxy

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

mozilla by proxy

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:46 pm

nope, it's not some Mickey Mouse disease, I can't open firefox anymore, pc tells me proxyserver doesn't accept request for connection.

Has the NCPAA finally caught up with me or did I fuck it up myself? I welcome suggestions by more tech-savvy members.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: mozilla by proxy

Postby Mikethehack » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Try using Google chrome.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:27 pm

el3so wrote:nope, it's not some Mickey Mouse disease, I can't open firefox anymore, pc tells me proxyserver doesn't accept request for connection.

Has the NCPAA finally caught up with me or did I fuck it up myself? I welcome suggestions by more tech-savvy members.

Your PC is hijacked and has been sending your web traffic through a proxy server and now that proxy sever has been shut down.

(my guess anyway)

So, I assume you mean "it does not do anything useful" but the Firefox program starts?

If so, then do this:

go to edit >> preferences >> advanced >> Network tab >> click on settings >> click on "no proxy" >> click "OK" and exit. Fire it up again and try to clear whatever it is that has infected you.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Mikethehack wrote:Try using Google chrome.

Yep, I run both. I usually use Firefox some document viewing that Chrome cannot handle for whatever reason under Linux. But it is quite good.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

thanks a bunch amigo

Postby el3so » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Kurt wrote:If so, then do this
Once again I bow to your superior wisdom. Stuff works again.

So this hijacked pc thingie is it like really bad?
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: thanks a bunch amigo

Postby Kurt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 pm

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote:If so, then do this
Once again I bow to your superior wisdom. Stuff works again.

So this hijacked pc thingie is it like really bad?

Yep.

I am just guessing that is what it is but go to Windows Update and download everything it offers you, then in "run" in the Start menu enter MRT.exe and do the most thorough scan possible (this is the Malicious Software Removal Tool from Microsoft)

Was anything entered in the manual proxy settings before you changed it back? If so, what? Post it here and I can trace it to figure out what you might be infected with.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:20 am

it said:
"http-proxy=127.0.0.1" on "port=57636"
as well as "no proxy for: localhost, 127.0.0.1"

Thanks again friend.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:07 pm

el3so wrote:it said:
"http-proxy=127.0.0.1" on "port=57636"
as well as "no proxy for: localhost, 127.0.0.1"

Thanks again friend.

Good news then, 127.0.0.1 is the internal IP address of your computer. Not sure why it sent it through that port though, but it is likely you do not have an infestation but it is better to check anyway.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:53 pm

thats not necessarily good news. it could easily be a hijack from a trojan-like service running on your own comp. thats the same way you would setup a socks proxy or ssh tunnel. if all your web traffic is being rerouted through a service/port on your comp that you don't know about, that's bad.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:53 am

if all your web traffic is being rerouted through a service/port on your comp that you don't know about, that's bad.
You kinda lost me after traffic amigo. I should read up on these ports you mention. And run some virus checks.
Or just get a new one once this one stops working.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Dabbi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:43 pm

After spending countless hours troubleshooting computer problems for relatives, work friends, total strangers and other technically inept people i just tell to go buy a new one and get proper antivirus software that babysits them.
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 am

Bill Gates' site gave me a clean bill of health.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Return to Technical Questions