Got One Pot Recipies???

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

Got One Pot Recipies???

Postby Romeo247 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:01 pm

Anyone got any kick ass one pot recipes like soups, chilis etc from there travels abroad that wouldnt make the ingrediantis to hard to aquire......

im on the white mans plan aka the BUDGET! *gasp*
Last edited by Romeo247 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:04 pm

Chequers pub in Phnom Phen IMHO makes the best happy pizza in the world. The guy puts the pot in a glass and mixes it with olive oil and nukes it for 5 mins. then mixes it in with the pizza sauce. Kick ass happy pizza to be sure!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:53 am

Well THC binds with fat at some 300-400° C.
Oil doesn't burn at that temperature, but I'd have to turn myself in for crucifiction if I'd ever use olive or other oil in cookies or cake. Good call about the pizza, might try and make some pasta later.

Butter (not sure about margerine or other ersatzes) heated to those temperatures will include carbonised proteins, meaning you'll ingest carcenogenic stuff and much more importantly, your food 'll taste like charcoal.
Clarified butter (meaning: the proteins taken out of it) will do the trick. Just heat it gently and carefully take out all the white bits that float up. Put in hash or snippered weed. Use it like you use normal butter.

As always, the delay between ingesting and feeling dopey is dangerous since most folks won't wait long enough and eat a bunch more. That's when the first batch kicks in. And then on tpo of that the second...

Postby Romeo247 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:18 am

Im talking like chili's and soups you stoners lmao
Whats the #1 cause of divorce?? MARRIAGE
---- Fact
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:18 am

oops Romeo...

the Internet provides a wide array of cheap and easy recipes, but since this site is about travel, cultural exchange and kick-ass guns, I'll give you a jummy low-price and traditional dish. In fact it pre-dates the discovery of the New World, but I've chosen the more modern variant, containing potatoes instead of beans.

Take equal parts potatoes and apples, 1 kg each for a family dinner. Half the apples should be a sweet variant, other half should be a sour variant. You'll also need bacon, nutmeg, poepper and salt.

Boil peeled potatoes and mash 'em. Add salt to taste.
Bake peeled and sliced (not too thin) apples in a thick-bottomed pot with some butter. Stir regularely so they don't burn. They'll dissolve but try and keep it chunky.
Mix potato mash and still hot apple 'gloop'. Add baked bacon bits and drippings. Season with pepper, nutmeg and salt to taste. Mix well.

In the old days, a more festive variant would include a piece of baked blood sausage on top. Might be hard to find, esp the good kind.
Decent, honest winter food.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:57 pm

hm, funny, the "Guest" post would be mine too. Guess I screwed something up again... again.

Apparently many a culinary curiosist lurks the BFC: only 4 replies yet 120+ views.
Whole lot more than most other 'technical questions' threads get.

So for novelty purposes only:
hashish can be melted/mixed in a spoon full of hot oil. Yep, you can do the junkie-thing and heat it with your lighter. Mix it in some yoghurt and you combine stonedness with happy bowels.
Great way to start a festival day! Junk food and beer are generally low in fiber, so take precautions or you'll spend precious time in one of those chemical toilets.

And for the potheads on a thight budget:
if your supply is running dry, you might try this. Roll a normal cigarette, filtered kind won't work. Dip the burning smoke in the tiniest sliver of hashish and inhale the grey smoke from the smouldering hash through a little tube.
Tobacco gives a bleu-ish smoke and of course all the heart, lung and other diseases any other ingested hot vapour will give you...
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Return to Technical Questions