WWII in Photos - The Atlantic

This Forum is to discuss History and to annoy Fansy and Nowonmai by existing at all.

WWII in Photos - The Atlantic

Postby vagabond » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:00 am

Twenty part photo retrospective over at The Atlantic:

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/ww2.html
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Re: WWII in Photos - The Atlantic

Postby Rhah » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Very cool. Thanks for posting that. I look forward to seeing the rest of the series.
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:43 am

outstanding photos. am waiting for the rest.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:47 am

Showed the London blitz photos to a Brit and a German I work with. Of course, the German claimed the Blitz was only directed at military targets. The Brit says, "since when is downtown London a military target? That's why we fire-bombed the shit out of Dresden! It's called payback." Made for an interesting situation.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Heh, the first bombing of London was but an accident, things escalated from then on.

Anyways, it's only in B&W but interesting travel report from WW2 here.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby nowonmai » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:42 pm

AztecDave wrote:Showed the London blitz photos to a Brit and a German I work with. Of course, the German claimed the Blitz was only directed at military targets. The Brit says, "since when is downtown London a military target? That's why we fire-bombed the shit out of Dresden! It's called payback." Made for an interesting situation.

Tell the Kraut bastard that it is customary in modern Germany not to defend Hitler's targeting policy. Ootherwise we might begin to suspect that the Krauts only said sorry because our boots were on their necks.

Sieg heil motherfucker.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby cowboycraig » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Amazing series. Bookmarked this. Will have to take time reading through and absorbing.

CC
cowboycraig
BFCus Regularus

Return to History