July 20th

This Forum is to discuss History and to annoy Fansy and Nowonmai by existing at all.

July 20th

Postby Rhah » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Well today in history, 67 years ago, Lieutenant Colonel Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg tried to bump off Hitler and a few others in the Wolf's lair. It didn't work and von Stauffenberg was put against a wall and shot. RIP.
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Re: July 20th

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 am

Rhah wrote:Well today in history, 67 years ago, Lieutenant Colonel Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg tried to bump off Hitler and a few others in the Wolf's lair. It didn't work and von Stauffenberg was put against a wall and shot. RIP.

Then portrayed in a movie by a gay Scientologist. Sucks to be him.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby nowonmai » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:00 am

Ultra Swain wrote:
Rhah wrote:Well today in history, 67 years ago, Lieutenant Colonel Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg tried to bump off Hitler and a few others in the Wolf's lair. It didn't work and von Stauffenberg was put against a wall and shot. RIP.

I thought he was hanged with piano wire.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Rhah » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:

Stauffenberg's family was mighty pissed off by that whole thing

nowonmai wrote:I thought he was hanged with piano wire.

No he was put against a wall. Some of the more senior officers who were involved in the plot, names escape me at the moment, they were hung with piano wire. Supposedly filmed too, but I don't think that's ever been proven to be true.
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Return to History