It's like Vietnam all over again...

This Forum is to discuss History and to annoy Fansy and Nowonmai by existing at all.

It's like Vietnam all over again...

Postby elmodernisto » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Literally. My pals went down to Enfield, NC to participate in a Vietnam War reenactment that winds up looking like the Stanford prison experiment...

IT'S LIKE VIETNAM ALL OVER AGAIN

PART 1

PART 2

Enjoy.
elmodernisto

Re: It's like Vietnam all over again...

Postby Kurt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:22 pm

I would like to do that but I want to be the guy who smokes weed while listening to Hendrix and say Soldier-Stoner things like "Welcome to Hell....Dig?"

I would then die by falling out of a Huey while Interstellar Overdrive payed on the transistor radio in the cockpit....all laughing as I am looking up at my comrades as I get smaller. Napalm detonating below me.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Kurt wrote:I would like to do that but I want to be the guy who smokes weed while listening to Hendrix and say Soldier-Stoner things like "Welcome to Hell....Dig?"

I would then die by falling out of a Huey while Interstellar Overdrive payed on the transistor radio in the cockpit....all laughing as I am looking up at my comrades as I get smaller. Napalm detonating below me.

....that's beautiful man
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Ultra Swain » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:19 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Kurt wrote:I would like to do that but I want to be the guy who smokes weed while listening to Hendrix and say Soldier-Stoner things like "Welcome to Hell....Dig?"

....that's beautiful man

It don't mean nothing.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm still APPALLED that so many black men died in Vietnam. Those White officers knew that if they yelled "Get Down!!!"...that the black guys would get up and dance.
Sri Lanky

Postby ktrout » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Kurt wrote:I would then die by falling out of a Huey while Interstellar Overdrive payed on the transistor radio in the cockpit

Pink Floyd is so depressing it makes me want to jump off of a bridge. Too damned British. What's that guy doing with an AK and he's not even Charlie?
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:21 am

ktrout wrote:What's that guy doing with an AK and he's not even Charlie?

...don't leave nothing for the dinks.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby ktrout » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:08 am

coldharvest wrote:
ktrout wrote:What's that guy doing with an AK and he's not even Charlie?

...don't leave nothing for the dinks.

I wonder if some GIs picked up AKs off of dead VC. From what I've heard about the M16's tendency to jam unless kept spotless, I'd have been tempted.
Might have been a risk for friendly fire, though.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 am

Sri Lanky wrote:I'm still APPALLED that so many black men died in Vietnam. Those White officers knew that if they yelled "Get Down!!!"...that the black guys would get up and dance.

You're a moron.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:29 pm

coldharvest wrote:

....that's beautiful man

If you were not there you would not understand.

Neither do I, but I don't, like NEED to understand because there is a man who understands FOR me. His name is Swain man and we don't need to understand why he kills or who he kills or even be aware of anything because he is aware for ALLLL of US.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:34 pm

ktrout wrote:
Kurt wrote:I would then die by falling out of a Huey while Interstellar Overdrive payed on the transistor radio in the cockpit

Pink Floyd is so depressing it makes me want to jump off of a bridge. Too damned British. What's that guy doing with an AK and he's not even Charlie?

Not Piper At The Gates of Dawn. It is very British but not the overstuffed prog rock it became (that I still enjoy of course but I am aware that it is dated).

Doing a "crazy guy Vietnam Death Scene" could only be done to Pink Floyd before 1970.

I do think the 13th Floor Elevators need a Crazy Guy Vietnam Death Scene. I would choose "Slip Inside This House" for something akin to "Manhunter's" In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida scene.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:26 am

Kurt wrote:
ktrout wrote:

Not Piper At The Gates of Dawn. It is very British but not the overstuffed prog rock it became (that I still enjoy of course but I am aware that it is dated).

Doing a "crazy guy Vietnam Death Scene" could only be done to Pink Floyd before 1970.

I do think the 13th Floor Elevators need a Crazy Guy Vietnam Death Scene. I would choose "Slip Inside This House" for something akin to "Manhunter's" In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida scene.

Pink Floyd is the best dope smokin music IMHO. Bob Marley sucks ass.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby flipflop » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:13 am

Re-enactors - these sad cunts need to find girlfriends

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 pm

flipflop wrote:Re-enactors - these sad cunts need to find girlfriends

Cheers

I think that's who they're standing with.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 pm

flipflop wrote:Re-enactors - these sad cunts need to find girlfriends

Cheers

They have girlfriend re-enactors. All they have to do is receive a letter and then hand it to Ken Burns to narrate.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to History