Best book(s) on Kansas-Missouri theater in US Civil War

This Forum is to discuss History and to annoy Fansy and Nowonmai by existing at all.

Best book(s) on Kansas-Missouri theater in US Civil War

Postby grawp » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:15 am

Friend Kurt and others here present:

I'm gathering source material for a conflict simulation covering the Civil War's Kansas-Missouri theater. Ideally, the book/source/info would deal with the political/social/military struggle in both states, especially on both sides of the Kansas-Missouri border; Bleeding Kansas and Missouri's Burned Lands were part and parcel of the same murderous struggle starting in the 1850's and continuing long after the Civil War. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, folks.
The world will never love us. They respect us - they might even grow to fear us.
But they will never love us, for we have too much audacity!

- Theodore Roosevelt – “The Wind & the Lion” (1975)
grawp
BFCus Regularus

Re: Best book(s) on Kansas-Missouri theater in US Civil War

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:35 pm

I don't know what to recommend but that was one of the more interesting aspects of the Civil War. It seemed like a Civil War within a Civil War. Keep us posted on what you find out and perhaps e-mails to some local historical societies will bring up some locally written books on that period.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Best book(s) on Kansas-Missouri theater in US Civil War

Postby grawp » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Wilco.
Thanks.
The world will never love us. They respect us - they might even grow to fear us.
But they will never love us, for we have too much audacity!

- Theodore Roosevelt – “The Wind & the Lion” (1975)
grawp
BFCus Regularus

Best books on Kansas Missouri theater in US Civil War

Postby russlits » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 am

Requesting more knowledge- I know a little about Subutai, but perhaps Thanas could clarify what ideas in particular of Augustuss were genius beyond others in similiar situations?
russlits

Return to History