What are the coolest Gods and Dieties of different cultures?

This Forum is to discuss History and to annoy Fansy and Nowonmai by existing at all.

Re: A literary favourite

Postby ktrout » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:19 am

SRR wrote: I was a social pariah for many months in highschool while I read that book.... damned puritans.

Faith is the root of all evil.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Re:

Postby nowonmai » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:04 am

el3so wrote:Damn, Sri, did you just revive a 7 year old thread and reposition it into a sub-folder that didn't even exist back then?

I don't know whether I am perturbed more by the possible effects this might have on the space-time continuum or by your mod haXor skillz.

Yorick did it. He wants us to know that contrary to his weird musings about obscure backward people's crazy beliefs God actually comes from Surrey and God wants us to know that he is really concerned about us all. As soon as God gets a moment he'll fix everything but right now he's busy dealing with a backlog of planning applications from some friends in the Conservative Club, sorting out the bill after the Golf Club Christmas do and tracking down a builder from Essex who put in a dodgy extension on his house then did a runner (he's got Cerberus sniffing him out).
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Re: What are the coolest Gods and Dieties of different cultu

Postby AztecDave » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:11 pm

me.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Re:

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:08 pm

el3so wrote:Damn, Sri, did you just revive a 7 year old thread and reposition it into a sub-folder that didn't even exist back then?

I don't know whether I am perturbed more by the possible effects this might have on the space-time continuum or by your mod haXor skillz.

I stumbled across it in one of my searches and thought it would look nice here.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Glassgost » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 am

I suppose it's lame, and hipsters would definitely call it too mainstream, but the Judeo-Christian God. I mean, Omnipotent, Omniscient, AND Omnipresent? Dude has it all. Not afraid to throw down a plague here or there either.
Glassgost

Postby ktrout » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:27 am

Vishnu is badass. It almost makes me want to learn Sanskrit so I can read the Baghavad Gita in its original form. My god has more arms than your god! Plus fangs too! I kind of dig Ganesh, too.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to History