More Important Levi Johnston (Palin) News

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

More Important Levi Johnston (Palin) News

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:11 pm

WTF is wrong with this guy? Is he getting into his mom's stash of meth again? I doubt it... he's kind of chunky. What possible explanation is there for this? And the video... no one should have to sit through that, but since I already did it for you, there's a part around 2:30 where Levi's in the back of a limo wearing a Sarah Palin mask.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/ ... nston.html

Levi Johnston: "Me and Mrs. Palin"
by Vanity Fair
September 2, 2009, 12:01 am

Left, photograph by Nigel Parry/CPi Syndication. Right, photograph by Mark Seliger.
Watch a behind-the-scenes video of Mark Seliger’s photo shoot with Levi Johnston.

Three days after Sarah Palin was announced as the Republican vice-presidential candidate, the McCain campaign released a statement saying that her 17-year-old unwed daughter, Bristol, was pregnant. The baby’s father, an 18-year-old former hometown hockey star, was thus thrust into the national spotlight. In the October issue of Vanity Fair, Levi Johnston explains what happened behind the curtains of the campaign—and inside the Palin home.

For “Me and Mrs. Palin,” Johnston tells Vanity Fair his story about life with the Palin family—with whom he lived for two months after the election—over the course of his two-and-a-half-year relationship with Bristol. He turns a number of commonly held beliefs about the former governor—the purportedly loving mother, devoted wife, and prolific hunter—upside down.

The Palin house was much different from what many people expect of a normal family, even before she was nominated for vice president. There wasn’t much parenting in that house. Sarah doesn’t cook, Todd doesn’t cook—the kids would do it all themselves: cook, clean, do the laundry, and get ready for school. Most of the time Bristol would help her youngest sister with her homework, and I’d barbecue chicken or steak on the grill.

Even before Palin became John McCain’s running mate, she seemed worried about what a grandchild would do to her political career. According to Johnston, she had a plan for how to handle her daughter’s unexpected pregnancy.

Sarah told me she had a great idea: we would keep it a secret—nobody would know that Bristol was pregnant. She told me that once Bristol had the baby she and Todd would adopt him. That way, she said, Bristol and I didn’t have to worry about anything. Sarah kept mentioning this plan. She was nagging—she wouldn’t give up. She would say, “So, are you gonna let me adopt him?” We both kept telling her we were definitely not going to let her adopt the baby. I think Sarah wanted to make Bristol look good, and she didn’t want people to know that her 17-year-old daughter was going to have a kid.

After the campaign, Johnston watched Palin turn into a different person. The result back home in Alaska was a woman ready to turn in elected office for money.

Sarah was sad for a while. She walked around the house pouting. I had assumed she was going to go back to her job as governor, but a week or two after she got back she started talking about how nice it would be to quit and write a book or do a show and make “triple the money.” It was, to her, “not as hard.” She would blatantly say, “I want to just take this money and quit being governor.” She started to say it frequently, but she didn’t know how to do it. When she came home from work, it seemed like she was more and more stressed out.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Re: More Important Levi Johnston (Palin) News

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:55 pm

"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Yeahsure » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:46 am

One thinks the ex-gov could handle that lad...

Good night and good luck - Edward R. Murrow
Yeahsure
BFCus Regularus

Postby michelle in alaska » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 am

...you want dirt on Levi?

my 21 yo was heading back to college a few weeks ago. while she was standing in line in security at the airport, we got this text from her cell:
"Levi Johnston is ahead of me. ...and he's shorter than I am!"

I'll be sure to keep you all posted for any future breaking news...
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:04 am

Levi Johnston?
invent some trousers or GTFO.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Return to Black Flag Cafe