Honduras: Zelaya's gone back

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Honduras: Zelaya's gone back

Postby Penta » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:04 am

I've never initiated one pm to you the whole five years I've been on this board.

Since I have the admittedly failing memory, I checked. Not infallible, but that's what the records showed. So perhaps you should worry about your memory.

As for the whining pms - that was a guess

Another unfounded accusation to add to all the others, as I pointed out.

now I've got the answer I needed from your squawking reply

I thought you'd understand a hypothetical: "If I had, how would you know?" Perhaps I give you too much credit.

Koevoet? It was clear he wasn't going to be a favourite of mine (from the name if nothing else), but I try to be even-handed. And you had completely lost it in that thread - as in this.

So perhaps you should go and have a nice warm shower. I have a road to get on.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby flipflop » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:34 am

Mind you don't crash you lying sack of shit - I never pm'ed you once

You need help, you're hallucinating

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Penta » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:38 pm

Once you were even polite. Perhaps that's why you don't remember. It was when I had posted that I was worried about you after you hadn't posted for ages and it turned out you'd left Iraq unexpectedly and in a hurry. I wouldn't dream of describing the content of any of your other PMs publicly, so you don't need to worry

Anyway, to get back to the point: are you going to stop making sly digs without specifically naming me, or am I free to do the same? Which is it to be? Because if a deal's to stick, it has to be fair.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby flipflop » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:50 pm

Fuck that. The point was you said I initiated a pm exchange with you (on two separate occasions even), which is utter bullshit. Well, are you going to persist with that myth? Answer that honestly and I'll ignore you, not that I mentioned your name in this thread beforehand anyhoo, but I'll leave your other shit alone and you can keep on annoying everyone at your leisure, even though your "logic" is back to pre-2009 levels on most things. I'll ignore you, plain and simple.

Keep insisting on lying and stating that I have pm'ed you out of the blue and it's gloves off and I'll be all over you like a fucking logical rash, forever.

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Penta » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:46 pm

flipflop wrote:Fuck that. The point was you said I initiated a pm exchange with you (on two separate occasions even), which is utter bullshit.

You may be right. I don't think so, but it's possible. As I said, I checked my inbox and outbox, and that's how it came out. I also said not infallible. I suppose some pms may have got lost. Of course I don't remember. And your memory is undoubtedly better than mine - though it's equally possible that you're suppressing bits you don't want to remember. (And with this lousy connection in a French hotel, I'm certainly not going to try to check again now.)

Whatever, with the four exchanges I could find, over 5 years or whatever it is, you could hardly claim I've been stalking you - which was the implication of your "stop pm'ing me", so you can stuff that.

And I ask again, which was indeed the point of my addressing you in this thread: are you going to stop making sly digs without specifically naming me, or am I free to do the same? Which is it to be? Because if a deal's to stick, it has to be fair.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby flipflop » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:47 pm

Not good enough. It's simple, check your inbox and see if there's a pm from me that doesn't have "Re" in front of it. If there is, then I initiated it. You know this and are trying to play it for time, do you really think I'm buying that? I can tell you now there isn't a pm in there like that, you fucking lied. If you didn't lie, but just gobbed off without checking, no matter - the situation remains the same: what you said was untrue, period.

You said, just in case your self-confessed poor memory has let you down again.:

More imaginings. We've had a total of 4 PM exchanges as far as I can tell over however many years it's been, 2 initiated by you, 2 by me. So don't try to make out I'm stalking you.

Next item:

Whatever, with the four exchanges I could find

Who initiated these?

I suppose some pms may have got lost

Admittedly I don't send/receive a great many pms, but none have been "lost". Every personal message I have ever received/sent is still in my message list, purely because I'm too lazy to scrub the fucking things. I also don't initiate pms a great deal, as the two or three posters I correspond with more than once a month can testify. I certainly would have remembered having sent one to a git like you. Didn't happen, and I didn't need to scroll through my pms to know that. But, as I have posted drunk on here a few times I double-checked, just in case - nada, nothing, not even close to initiating your arse, sober, drunk or caned.

So, are you saying there may have been some initiated by me, but these have now been "lost"? How can you lose pms? Explain that to me. The one or two I sent may have been lost? You didn't reply to them at the time? Perhaps my initial pm and your consequent reply both "got lost", you know, a whole flipflop-initiated pm thread disappeared into the ether? Very strange. You're wriggling, looking for a way out - "I can't find any from you, but I do lose the odd pm now and again, and guess what? One of those was initiated by you." How convenient. Do me a favour will you? Stop insulting my intelligence, hate my guts by all means, it would be rude not to, but this crap above is tragic. A sad fucking act all round.

though it's equally possible that you're suppressing bits you don't want to remember

What? Do you think that your pms were so bad that I'm suffering from PTSD from merely reading them? It wouldn't matter if my head is like a sieve, or that I was emotionally disturbed by what an upper middle class old woman with a personality disorder has said to me on the interweb; all I have to do is scroll down my pm list, I have and I haven't deleted any pms......and guess what? I never sent one to you without being contacted (in both senses of the word) by you first. Or perhaps the two you say I initiated somehow got "lost" from my sent box. How queer. By what perfidious nature could such a hideously coincidental thing occur? They "got lost" from BOTH your list AND mine? Gadzooks! Should we call in Mulder & Scully?

Keep up with this bullshit and any "deal" (you conveniently forgot about the "pace flipflop" shit about a day after YOU AGAIN initiated another round of pointless fucking pms) about me having "digs", is irrelevant. I will be slapping your shit every time you log onto this board. Watch me.

You want peace on this board? Tell the fucking truth, no prevaricating, no smokescreening, the truth. Once I have that -PUFF! - I'm out of your online life, no allusions, no hassle, no fuss, you're a free woman.

If you want something other than peace on this board keep digging your already meteor crater sized hole you now find yourself in over this. I am no angel on this forum, but I will not be called a liar by the likes of you. What's it going to be?

Did I or did I not ever initiate a pm exchange with you?

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Penta » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:27 pm

flipflop wrote:It's simple, check your inbox and see if there's a pm from me that doesn't have "Re" in front of it.

I'm back on functioning broadband, and it turns out you're absolutely right. I found all the PMs from you, and 2 of them had no antecedent in the box below - where it shows the message that's being answered. These 2 exchanges didn't have any, so I assumed you'd started the exchange following something I'd said on the board. But they all have Re in front. I don't know why if I wrote to you first it doesn't appear in those cases as it does everywhere else. So no, I didn't lie, nor did I intend to mislead, let alone upset or offend you, but I'll take your word that what you say is true. And, as usual, I apologise for getting it wrong.

Perhaps, since we agree that there've been a total of 4 exchanges between us over 5 years, you'll now acknowledge that I'm not hounding you with PMs, not stalking you, and never have been. And as I said once before, an apology for that would be nice, but not expected. (I've long learned that apologising is not in your repertoire - at least when it comes to me; I'm glad you apologised to young Shajuu having monstered him so viciously), however grave the offence given. Of those 4 exchanges, one was, as I mentioned above, to do with my concern over your long absence, and the other 3 were all to do with my attempts to bring some sanity and civility to our forum exchanges, or to ask (following what I thought was sensible advice) why you are so furious with me all the time so I could apologise and try to stop doing it. Which I have done. (Since I can't PM you, I can only say this publicly, but with as much reserve as I can muster in the circumstances.)

So I'd be grateful if you'd withdraw all your allegations of lying, stalking, paranoia and so on. Also of trying to push anyone off the board and of writing "countless whining pms" about you to people (I have asked for advice as to how to deal with you, as you well know, which is rather different, since I find your vicious posts upsetting, as you also know). As for your many and varied other insults, I don't know why you should think the state of my tits or cunt, the fact that my husband likes sailing and has worked hard to earn the money to be able to buy a yacht, or whether or not I drink Pimms or lemonade, or how many cigarettes I smoke are any business whatsoever of yours. Especially since you claim to be "not interested in one fucking atom about you, your thoughts, anything".

I'd also take particular issue with "done nothing". I would guess that apart from M-A, I have travelled more widely than any other woman on the board and a good proportion of the men (and yes, I'm older than most, so I've had longer to do it in). You can scoff all you like that in the last few years I've been on two short guided trips to Syria and Iran (among lots of other normal travel), but you conveniently forget that I was (as far as I could tell) the only young single western woman in Esfahan when I lived there for a year when you were barely into primary school (another guess), that I've spent some time in the frontier regions of Pakistan that none of you can go to now, where there was a period when I never saw another woman at all, that I travelled overland all round South America for a year a few years later, that I lived in Nepal when it was still a closed country and holidayed there with Sherpa Tensing among other privileges, that I had to leave Berlin in a hurry at the height of the cold war when my father's job was blown by a certain double agent (though I can't take any credit for either of those) among plenty of other more run-of-the-mill travels. So it's hardly accurate to accuse me of having done nothing.

Since you're so proud of the civility in the forum you moderate, you must be capable of spreading that civility a bit wider and do what I've repeatedly asked: to try to be civil to me and stop being so viciously crude. It really shouldn't be so difficult. Then we could stop arsing around with all this shit. You could start by not always putting the worst possible - and imaginary - interpretation on everything I say.

If you can't or won't, then it's back to the deal, which means either you stop making the sly digs without naming me, or I shall feel free to do the same, and we're back where we started, just without names. Which would be silly.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby flipflop » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:14 am

Priceless

This has been the most satisfying thread I've ever read on this board.

Now, you can go back to careering around the BFC annoying everyone, but your self-righteous crown is now at an indecent angle on it's self-appointed head. You accused me of "imaginings" when it was you who was letting her arse do the talking.

Keep this little thread in your head the next time you go off about how "right" you are on each new thread you pollute - I have demonstrated you can tell as good a porky as anyone here, and fuck me but have I enjoyed - and fucking earned - that.

Now, as you have 'fessed up to peddling falsehoods (I'll ignore all the other rhetorical dog sick and smoke that came after it), I'll keep my side of your "deal". You can go back to being the most annoying dickhead on here (but the doubt will always be there "Is she making this up?"), and I'll not keep correcting your lies and bullshit. Once is enough for me Pinocchio. You're free

So finally, do fuck off, and do stop pm'ing me and referencing me in posts, there's a good fibber

I own you

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Penta » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 am

flipflop wrote:Priceless

This has been the most satisfying thread I've ever read on this board.

I'm happy to have added a little pleasure to your life, which could obviously do with some.

you can tell as good a porky as anyone here
you have 'fessed up to peddling falsehoods
your lies
Pinocchio
a good fibber

Er, no. I've fessed up to making a cock-up. No lies. Not the same at all. (Why would I lie about it anyway? What would have been the point? I wanted to contest your false accusation of stalking so I looked up the pms and it struck me that you had started half - as I thought - of the exchanges, so I commented on it. I was wrong. But it made no difference at all to the point, that 4 exchanges over several years is hardly what anyone sane would call stalking.) But as usual, you cannot take a genuine admission of fault and a sincere apology with grace; you cannot reciprocate with any admissions of your own fault, let alone apologise. As usual, you put the worst possible interpretations - even when you know they are false - on anything I say or do.

You talk about respect and civility yet you refuse to give any. I get pulled up whenever I break our old friend Kant's second formulation (means and ends, means and ends, as I am frequently reminded), and I do often enough, but at least I try. You could give it a go too. Otherwise, what's the point of your study of moral philosophy? Learn how to know what is good so you can do the opposite? No wonder you're so full of anger and bile.

I've done what I can. I no longer consider myself bound by any undertakings, since you have so rudely refused to enter into the spirit of the thing.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby coldharvest » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Penta wrote:I've done what I can. I no longer consider myself bound by any undertakings, since you have so rudely refused to enter into the spirit of the thing.

The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Penta » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:28 pm

I'm not sure if that's supposed to be consolation or rebuke. (I know the speech well: The Merchant was my O level Shakespeare all those years ago.)

If I take it as consolation, then yes, I know virtue is supposed to be its own reward. When virtue comes far from easily to a person, and she gets spat at in return, it can be tough to stick at it.

And if it's rebuke, then I shall have to resolve to try harder.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Penta » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:51 pm

To get back to Bubba's assertion that
85% of Hondurans support the removal of Zelaya, you wont see that on CNN (Chavez News Network). You cant get 85% of Hondurans to agree that a football is round or anything else for that matter, they agree on this.

You wouldn't see it even on CNN, because it's not true (as far as polling evidence can show).

In the latest survey, towards the end of August, when asked (in Spanish obviously) "Are you in favor of the June 28 coup d’etat against President Manuel Zelaya Rosales?", 52.7 per cent said no, and only 17.4 per cent (rather a long way below the 85 per cent Bubba claims and the pro-coup press kept quoting, with no apparent evidence for it) said yes. The Gallup poll in July also showed more people opposed the coup than approved it, but their numbers have grown along with the repression (which even higher numbers object to).

flipflop wrote:even if Bubba is wrong about most of what he says (and you can only be between 1% - 99% wrong on any issue as the logical world is not absolute, there is some truth in every utterance we all make) [well, he was wrong about that], he is a new poster who is in a DP [actually he wasn't, when he wrote it]

But he's Boots (not quite) On The Ground, and he's not me, so even if the sources for his view are limited to a particular part of the country, and people who mix with expats and are therefore unlikely to be representative (he produced no evidence whatsoever for his assertion), you'd still automatically take his view over mine. And my questioning him, with a bit of gentle ribbing, meant I was
trying to push him off the board by seeing if he'll snap and fuck off in a huff, all because he's the fly in the Penta/Honduras ointment.

Very logical, Mr Logic.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby nowonmai » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:06 pm

and nor is good Yorkshire tea.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:11 am

nowonmai wrote:

and nor is good Yorkshire tea.

Awww FUNNY ! I can safely say that beats any funny I have read on here for a long time.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby denise » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:51 am

i don't get it.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe