Grauniad Hacked

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Grauniad Hacked

Postby nowonmai » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:27 am

The hackers will at least expand their knowledge of the spurious degrees done by Grauniad reading job hunters.

Hackers target Guardian Jobs site
(UKPA) – 20 minutes ago

A "sophisticated and deliberate hack" targeting the Guardian newspaper's UK jobs site has put the personal details of some users at risk, it has been revealed.

The Guardian emailed affected users to say: "The Guardian Jobs website has been targeted by a sophisticated and deliberate hack, which has breached the security of the data on the site.

"You have used the site to make one or more job applications and we believe your personal data, relating to those applications, may have been accessed."

A statement on the jobs website said: "We have been assured by our provider that the system is now secure and we have identified and contacted everyone who may have been affected.

"We would like to assure you that we are absolutely committed to protecting the privacy of our users and we are treating this situation with the utmost seriousness."

The UK jobs site reportedly passed two million users in March.

A Guardian technology director said: "Not all users are affected by any means."

The hack does not affect the separate US site, which is independent of the UK operation.

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "Police were notified on Friday of a suspected offence of computer hacking. Officers from the police central e-crime unit are investigating. No arrests have been made and inquiries continue."

Users of the site must register using an email address and are given the opportunity to upload their CV.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Re: Grauniad Hacked

Postby SRR » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:45 am

It's all right, it's not like people in the UK had any right to privacy left anyways.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Re: Grauniad Hacked

Postby flipflop » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:55 pm

I got an interview once after applying for a job advertised on the Grauniad situations vacant pages. Assistant curator at ...... Art Gallery in East Sussex, up the coast a wee bit from home - looked a right little touch. Fucked me off because I'd never hung an exhibition before, but they said they liked my own portfolio of work. "Ok" says I, "Want to exhibit some of my work then?" They smiled nervously as they ushered me to the exit. That was my once chance at entering the art world gainfully employed.

I had no art fun
So I picked up my gun
Then I had more than some
And no more was I glum

No luvvies were hurt in the making of this broadcast

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Return to Black Flag Cafe