First Arabic domain name registration to begin shortly

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

First Arabic domain name registration to begin shortly

Postby bitchesbrew » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:01 am

http://thenextweb.com/me/2009/11/15/ara ... n-shortly/

14 Comments comment!
By Fawzi Rahal on November 15, 2009

icann 150x150 First Arabic domain name registration to begin shortlyAs of 22:00 GMT Today, the first Arabic domain name registration will begin, marking an end to Latin-only domain names online.

.misr (.مصر) domains will be up for grabs to be followed soon by other Arabic domain names.

The decision by the US-based Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) allows the registration of domain names written entirely in Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic and other non-Latin scripts.

This marks the dawn of a new world order in a previously English-only Internet world.
bitchesbrew

Re: First Arabic domain name registration to begin shortly

Postby coldharvest » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:14 am

bitchesbrew wrote:http://thenextweb.com/me/2009/11/15/arabic-domain-registration-shortly/

14 Comments comment!
By Fawzi Rahal on November 15, 2009

icann 150x150 First Arabic domain name registration to begin shortlyAs of 22:00 GMT Today, the first Arabic domain name registration will begin, marking an end to Latin-only domain names online.

.misr (.مصر) domains will be up for grabs to be followed soon by other Arabic domain names.

The decision by the US-based Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) allows the registration of domain names written entirely in Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic and other non-Latin scripts.

This marks the dawn of a new world order in a previously English-only Internet world.

There goes the Tower of Babel
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Return to Black Flag Cafe