England: swirling 'round the toilet-bowl

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: England: swirling 'round the toilet-bowl

Postby Penta » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:23 pm

I thought the same, Mr Shaw. But I've seen it used in the other sense several times in the last week or two. I could be wrong that it means the Easter holidays in general, but it definitely wasn't associated with kids going to get pissed in Cancun or Aruba.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby coldharvest » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:44 am

The main point is that even with a thousand year head-start England is in no better a moral or social position than a
country started last Tuesday.
If anything they have entrenched their depravity into custom.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Caliban » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:47 pm

For fuck sake people these are stories from newspapers. Inventing "The Truth". No one I know ever has any first hand accounts of this nonsense, only what they've heard. The reality is usually a quarter of what was written twisted upside down. Its all to keep the middle englanders fuelled up to harumph when the government tells them what their opinion is supposed to be..
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Every government gets by with murder...because the "fortunate" citizens of certain governments fail to identify with their unfortunate fellows. The "fortunates" are nationalized.

They confidently imagine "these people" deserve their fate. Anyways,it's not their affair.

So England (state A) are the happy citizens. Third world (state B) is in a woeful condition. Is state B really something else? The nationalized "fortunates" of state A think of the two as unrelated...a matter of luck.

State B is the spectacle of the "other" tortured for state A.
Sri Lanky

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe