JCall: European Jewish Call for Reason

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

JCall: European Jewish Call for Reason

Postby Penta » Mon May 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Submitted to European Parliament today:

The call you will find below has already been signed by public figures and members of various European Jewish associations who have long been committed to the struggle for peace in the Middle East, and whose names you’ll find below.

Our objective is to allow the opinions of European Jews, who have been silent for too long, to be expressed publicly and to allow a Jewish voice to be heard that is both committed to the state of Israel and critical of the current choices of its government.

We ask all those who agree with this text to sign it.

This Call for Reason will be presented at an important meeting at the European Parliament in Brussels on 3 May 2010.

Contact us: contact@Jcall.eu

If you support this call, don’t forget to sign it.

Call for reason

We are citizens of European countries, Jews, and involved in the political and social life of our respective countries. Whatever our personal paths, our connection to the state of Israel is part of our identity. We are concerned about the future of the State of Israel to which we are unfailingly committed.

Israel faces existential threats. Far from underestimating the threats from its external enemies, we know that the danger also lies in the occupation and the continuing pursuit of settlements in the West Bank and in the Arab districts of East Jerusalem. These policies are morally and politically wrong and feed the unacceptable delegitimization process that Israel currently faces abroad.

For these reasons we have decided to take action based on the following principles:

1.The future of Israel depends upon urgently achieving peace with the Palestinian people on the basis of the Two States Solution. As we all know, this is urgent. Israel will soon be faced with two, equally disastrous choices: either to become a state in which Jews would be a minority in their own country, or establish a regime that would be a disgrace to Israel and lead to civil unrest.

2. It is essential therefore that the European Union, along with the United States, put pressure on both parties and help them achieve a reasonable and rapid solution to the Israeli-Palestine conflict. History confers on Europe a particular responsibility in this region of the world.

3. While the final decision belongs to the sovereign people of Israel, our commitment to Israel as Jews of the Diaspora obliges us to work towards reaching a just solution. Systematic support of Israeli government policy is dangerous and does not serve the true interests of the state of Israel.

4. Our objective is to create a European movement that will allow the voice of reason to be heard by all. This movement is non-partisan. Its aim is to ensure the survival of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state. This depends on the creation of a viable and sovereign Palestinian state.

We ask all those who agree with the above principles to sign and encourage others to sign this call.
http://www.jcall.eu/?lang=en

The transcript of John Mearsheimer's recent lecture on "The Future of Palestine: Righteous Jews vs. the New Afrikaners" at Chicago University is here:
http://www.thejerusalemfund.org/ht/d/Ev ... ls/i/10418
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Re: JCall: European Jewish Call for Reason

Postby rachamim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:59 am

Absolute rubbish. Israel has always been committed to a "2 State Solution" since the same week in 1919 when both HaYishuv (pre-statehood entity of the Zionists) and the "Southern Syrians" (they did not coopt the term "Palestinian" until 1954) were offered their own states. The irony in that 1st offer is that the "Palestinians" were offered 70% of the total British Mandate of Palestine which at that time included the land that would become Jordan! THEY REFUSED.

More to the point, they continued refusing up until the Ross Plan of the mid-1990s when they were offered all of Gaza and the so called "West Bank," East Jerusalem and an equitable settlement for "Palestinian Refugess."

The problem with the "2 State Solution" is that "Palestinians" was only 1 state, theirs.

As for "Settlements" being an impediment to peace, again, total rubbish. "Settlements" only began in 1974, Israel only gained control of those lands in 1967. When did the terrorism against Jews begin? 1920, do the math.

More to the point (once again), the entire "West Bank's" actual name is "Judea and Samaria," as in Jewish lands. Jews were ruling Gaza in 1000 BCE/BC, 300 odd years before the 1st Arab entered history and 1700 years before the 1st Arab arrived in the land!

In more recent history, East Jerusalem? Where are the followinf located: Jewish Quarter? Mount of Olives? Mount Scopus? Temple Mount? East Jerusalem has never held anything but a clear Jewish majority UNTIL 1948 when Jordan violated the Partition and ceased the district. Jewish neighbourhoods like Nachlat Shlomo became Sheikh Jarrar and Silwan.

Please research this issues while disregarding propagandists from both sides and you may just find that you have been sold a false bill of goods.
rachamim

Postby Jäeger » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:28 am

Yeah, yeah bud but you're missing the point. These anti-Israel folks are jews so they're safe from accusations of anti-semitism thereby totally proving penta's point about the kikes and making things totally clear with the use of pentalogic. There can be no nuance or debate, get with the programme man.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:16 pm

All Jews are clones of either Chomsky or Netanyahu.
Sri Lanky

Postby Penta » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Jäeger wrote:kikes

What is it with your schoolboy exultation in using insulting ethnic epithets?
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Penta wrote:
Jäeger wrote:kikes

Pipe down ya Brummie!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Penta » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Brummie's not insulting. Brummies use it with pride. (I'm not one anyway.)
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:59 pm

The c-word who is not the b-word is complaining about someone using the k-word.

; )
Sri Lanky

Postby Penta » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Clever, Sri.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Jäeger » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:32 pm

penta:

A kike I met at a meeting of Palestinian Zionists told me it was OK, therfore it's obviously OK.

A more important question for you would be; what is it with your lack of ability to make a point or to use any form of logic, while exulting in being the most annoying and hateful poster on the board?
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby Penta » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:05 am

Jäeger wrote:penta:
A more important question for you would be; what is it with your lack of ability to make a point or to use any form of logic, while exulting in being the most annoying and hateful poster on the board?

I'll grant the first three, though I'm working on them, and most hated, maybe, by some anyway. But most hateful? Really? Meaning I hate more intensely, or hate more people, than anyone else on the board? I'm a fairly kind, friendly sort of person. I have what some people consider quite strong political views (no stronger than yours, but evidently less rationally arrived at), but I don't waste my time or energies hating people. Blair, perhaps, and people who officially approve or actively enjoy torturing other people, but that's about it. I don't hate you, for instance, though you can be pretty cruel. So I don't think I'm particularly full of hate.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Jäeger » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:14 am

I'll grant the first three, though I'm working on them,

Then you need to work much harder.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby coldharvest » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:10 pm

I'm a fairly kind, friendly sort of person.

I was always told to watch out for the Devil in a Sunday hat.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Jäeger » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm a fairly kind, friendly sort of person.

As opposed to me I guess since I "can be pretty cruel", because I called her on her "appeal to jewishness" fallacy of pentalogic.

I'm just waiting for the accustions of my underlying "mysogynistic fascism" to start flying now. It's like a broken record with this one.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby Penta » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:02 pm

!Me cago en la hostia! as devils round here (behatted or not) are wont to say when they expostulate. I post a snippet of news (obediently on the News forum, CH), and it's a positive one (not negative, J) - and I'm the devil in disguise and the most hateful poster on the board?

I've generally found that addressing people politely is more effective than being gratuitously rude. You realise, I'm sure, Jaeger, that well over half of your far too occasional posts are addressed to or about me: why don't you give it a rest, and give us the benefit of your wit and wisdom on other topics?

Back to Inge Lund.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe