Who's to blame for euro collapse?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Who's to blame for euro collapse?

Postby coldharvest » Mon May 24, 2010 12:56 pm

.....the fucking Europe Union, that's who.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

4000 lira = 60000 drachme = 1 billion pesetas = peanuts

Postby el3so » Mon May 24, 2010 1:36 pm

I can't but help and think about all the funny money needed to buy simple sh!t like a cup of coffee in them crap-sack countries back in the days before the €

Every citizen carrying wads of bills with more than 4 zeroes isn't a sign of a healthy economy. Funny how none of the eggheads in charge ever noticed that. Then again, it sure was easy being a millionaire while on holiday.

My solution: kill off all the dagoes and replace them with African immigrants on account of the latter being more productive, not delusional about their nations' "glorious past", better soccer players and less inclined to be spoiled little drama-queens.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Who's to blame for euro collapse?

Postby Michael » Mon May 24, 2010 2:03 pm

George Bush?
Michael
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Mon May 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Smurfs
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Re: 4000 lira = 60000 drachme = 1 billion pesetas = peanuts

Postby coldharvest » Tue May 25, 2010 7:44 am

el3so wrote:My solution: kill off all the dagoes and replace them with African immigrants on account of the latter being more productive, not delusional about their nations' "glorious past", better soccer players and less inclined to be spoiled little drama-queens.

I promise to vote for you.....twice if necessary.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Caliban » Tue May 25, 2010 9:33 pm

coldharvest wrote:
el3so wrote:My solution: kill off all the dagoes and replace them with African immigrants on account of the latter being more productive, not delusional about their nations' "glorious past", better soccer players and less inclined to be spoiled little drama-queens.

Only twice? With such a lax third world postal voting system as we have in this country, ripe for exploitation ! You're not a conservative are you ?!
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby coldharvest » Wed May 26, 2010 6:17 am

Caliban wrote:
coldharvest wrote:

Only twice? With such a lax third world postal voting system as we have in this country, ripe for exploitation ! You're not a conservative are you ?!

No, I support the Con-Dem coalition.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Caliban » Wed May 26, 2010 11:36 am

The big con Con demolition more like
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Mikethehack » Fri May 28, 2010 6:52 am

Who's to blame? The fuckers that run the show. Italy and Greece (at the very least) should never have been allowed to get near the Euro, given the state of their books. They were never eligible and everyone knew it. We warned the Brussels monkeys several times back in the years running up to the launch and were ignored over and over. Apparently some people preferred to look the other way and wanted to avoid a row. They hoped that both countries would sharpen up after joining, but instead they went on a mad spending spree, spending money they didn't have-Greece for the Olympics, for example. It was all about saving face.

There's nothing more tragic than people who don't want to admit that their understanding of basic economics is non-existent and that they have been spending more than they were making.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Royal » Fri May 28, 2010 12:27 pm

coldharvest wrote:support the Con-Dem coalition.

Ant & Dek?
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:30 pm

I see Euros collapsing all the time. Seems thats what happens when there Euroweenie asses try keepin up with the locals down the pub.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby mapandcompass » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:28 pm

It's the Koreans' fault
mapandcompass
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hatsepsut » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:36 pm

el3so wrote:I can't but help and think about all the funny money needed to buy simple sh!t like a cup of coffee in them crap-sack countries back in the days before the €

Every citizen carrying wads of bills with more than 4 zeroes isn't a sign of a healthy economy. Funny how none of the eggheads in charge ever noticed that. Then again, it sure was easy being a millionaire while on holiday.

My solution: kill off all the dagoes and replace them with African immigrants on account of the latter being more productive, not delusional about their nations' "glorious past", better soccer players and less inclined to be spoiled little drama-queens.

At least some nations have a glorious past, more than that, even in the present their countries attract like magnet immigrants because of high standards of living.
Social self-esteem is a big problem.
Hatsepsut

Return to Black Flag Cafe