First I vomitted then I laughed

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

First I vomitted then I laughed

Postby coldharvest » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:00 am

Tony Blair to be awarded medal

Bill Clinton to present annual £100,000 Liberty medal by the National Constitutional Center

Tony Blair is to be awarded a £100,000 Liberty medal by the National Constitutional Center based in Washington for his role in "bringing liberty to people around the world".

Bill Clinton is to present the annual award on 13 September at a ceremony in Philadelphia.

It is given to those whose "actions represent the founding principles of the United States". Last year film director Stephen Spielberg won the award for his artistic and personal commitment to the preservation of human rights.

Clinton said: "It was a privilege to work with my friend Tony Blair to help end 30 years of sectarian violence and broker a lasting peace in Northern Ireland, to stop the killing in and mass exodus from Kosovo, and to develop policies that would improve living conditions for people in both our countries."

The award is the latest of many handed to the former prime minister, above, by Americans. His earnings since leaving Downing Street are thought to have reached £20m, and he can earn up to $250,000 for a 90-minute speech.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Re: First I vomitted then I laughed

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:13 pm

...and to develop policies that would improve living conditions for people in both our countries.

Are they serious?
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Michael » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:23 pm

It wasn't the Nobel Peace Prize, so he's not even in the same league with Al Gore and Barack Obama.
Michael
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm

They could dip him in liquid gold and stuff him with diamonds, he'd still be known as America's bitch.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Speaking of vomiting and then laughing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVtEX1J7tXQ
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:22 am

Oh dgd91210 you really are the star of this site.One of the funniest, how do you comeup with these comedic gems
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Hunter » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:01 am

oh well at least its not as bad as Yasa Crack-a-fat getting the peace prize
Hunter

Return to Black Flag Cafe