Burao airport re-opened

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Burao airport re-opened

Postby coldharvest » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:24 am

Burao(Somaliland)
– Minister of Aviation Mohamud Hashi Abdi today officially opened the Burao airport which has not been functioned for years. The opening ceremony was held in the offices of the airport and attendees were government officials led by the Minister of Aviation, the managing director of Igal International Airport Abdi Ali Obsiye, the governor of Togdheer region Yasin Muhumed Abdi, the deputy mayor of Burao city, officers from the police and the military and businessmen from the city.

Chieftain Mohamud Guled Mire was one of the guests who spoke there and requested from the government to take immediate action to replace the current Somaliland shilling that the region uses. He said that currency has diminished the economy of the region.

Captain Abdi Ali Obsiiye who is the Managing Director of Egal international airport also spoke at the ceremony and welcomed the opening of Buroa airport. Mr. Obsiiye thanked the Minister of Aviation for the job that he has done since he took office.

Minister Mohamud Hashi Abdi concluded the ceremony by declaring that Burao Airport is officially open for business beginning today.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Return to Black Flag Cafe