check out this site

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

check out this site

Postby DrakeS » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:22 am

DrakeS
mach

Re: check out this site

Postby coldharvest » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:10 am

nice one, good site
what have you used it for so far?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby DrakeS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:09 am

Nothing. Having only discovered it yesterday, refreshed my self with the fact it is only 3 years old and was born of Kenyan violence, I can tell you the sole thing I have used it for is to cover the gaps in event history that eclipse the last publication date of TWMDP's

Really the hope was for other people to possibly find some use for it , or to just pass it along to those that might, or for others to merely marvel at the technology ,,..I wonder now if they had seen the LATIMES gang land shootings Google map and felt "inspired".

Western protesters and rioters against corporate hegemony and eclipsing of democracy had a similar tool used to keep track of and stay ahead of marching riot quelling police.

Have you ever been an agent provocateur coldharvest?
DrakeS
mach

Postby coldharvest » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:18 pm

DrakeS wrote:Have you ever been an agent provocateur coldharvest?

not knowingly
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:23 pm

That made me laugh.
Sri Lanky

Postby Caliban » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:56 pm

DrakeS wrote:Nothing. Having only discovered it yesterday, refreshed my self with the fact it is only 3 years old and was born of Kenyan violence, I can tell you the sole thing I have used it for is to cover the gaps in event history that eclipse the last publication date of TWMDP's

Really the hope was for other people to possibly find some use for it , or to just pass it along to those that might, or for others to merely marvel at the technology ,,..I wonder now if they had seen the LATIMES gang land shootings Google map and felt "inspired".

Western protesters and rioters against corporate hegemony and eclipsing of democracy had a similar tool used to keep track of and stay ahead of marching riot quelling police.

Have you ever been an agent provocateur coldharvest?

I have.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby kilroy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:45 pm

wow, that's actually supercool. could be used to coordinate protests in wisconsin, or in the middle east. and i bet swain could make some use of it (say, mapping incidents and who needs supplies at whatever place, etc). and the atlanta crime maps were fascinating, would definitely be a good tool for something like a neighborhood watch.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe