AWNAA

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

AWNAA

Postby coldharvest » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:27 am

Pending Legislation - Americans With No Abilities Act Washington, DC

- Congress is considering sweeping legislation thatwill provide new benefits for many Americans: The Americans With NoAbilities Act.(AWNAA) is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates ofthe millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.
'Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence anddrive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves insociety,' said California Senator Barbara Boxer. 'We can no longerstand by and allow People of Inability to be ridiculed and passedover. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grantspecial favors to a small group of workers, simply because they havesome idea of what they are doing.'
In a Capitol Hill press conference, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi(D) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D) pointed to the successof the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance.
Approximately 74percent of postal employees lack any job skills, making this agency the single largest U.S.employer of Persons of Inability.Private-sector industries with good records of non-discrimination against the Inept include retail sales (72%), the airline industry(68%), and home improvement 'warehouse' stores (65%).
At the stategovernment level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons of Inability (a whopping 83%).
Under The Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million'middle man' positions will be created, with important-sounding titlesbut little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense ofpurpose and performance.Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given soas to guarantee upward mobility for even the most inept employees. Thelegislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations thatpromote a significant number of Persons of Inability intomiddle-management positions,and gives a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agreeto hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.
Finally, the AWNAA contains tough new measures to make it moredifficult to discriminate against the Non-abled, banning, for example,discriminatory interview questions such as, 'Do you have any skills orexperience that relate to this job?''As a Non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people whohave something going for them,' said Ken Miller, who lost his positionas a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Michigan, due to herinability to remember 'rightey tightey, lefty loosey.' '
This new lawshould be real good for people like me,' Miller added. With thepassage of this bill, Miller and millions of other untalented citizenswill finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Said Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL): 'As a Senator with no abilities, Ibelieve the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to beextended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty aslawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless ofhis or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in thisgreat nation and a good salary for doing so.'
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Return to Black Flag Cafe