What can you do/ what would you do?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

What can you do/ what would you do?

Postby DrakeS » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:03 pm

I was wondering if this cop had used his siren? I wonder if this person in the car thought to use the car horn up close? I wonder if anyone thought to pick up a shovel or a rake. I often think about 'whatamigonnado' if this ever happens to me...or someone else when I am around. Dont you? Course in the 'big city' of glass/concrete/steel you have other worries,right?

Youtube
4 dogs fatally maul T or C woman
http://youtu.be/k9d6rXHV-Bk

Pack of pit bulls kill woman, Margaret Salcedo, in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico: cops

By Michael Sheridan
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 7:40 AM
Three of the four pit bulls accused of killing a woman after escaping a fenced in yard.
KOB 4 News
Three of the four pit bulls accused of killing a woman after escaping a fenced in yard.
Margaret Salcedo, 48, died from her injuries after being attacked by four pit bulls.
KOB 4 News
Margaret Salcedo, 48, died from her injuries after being attacked by four pit bulls.
Take our Poll
K9 Justice

Should dogs be put down anytime they attack a human?
Yes, some dogs are just dangerous animals.
No, animals deserve the same protections as human beings.
I don't know.
Related News

* No longer Solo: Harrison and Calista wed
* Redford teams up to train minority filmmakers
* Long-running N.M. flamenco festival suspended

A woman was mauled to death by pit bulls in the New Mexico town of Truth or Consequences, authorities said Monday.

The four dogs escaped from a fenced-in yard and set upon Margaret Salcedo as she walked alone Sunday afternoon.

A man in a car stopped to help the 48-year-old, but was attacked by one of the dogs and remained in his vehicle, police said.

A witness, Laura Russell, called 911, New Mexico's KOB 4 News reported. She said Salcedo attempted to use her phone to call for help, but dropped it when a dog bit her arm.

A police officer arrived minutes after the attack began. One dog charged him, and the cop quickly shot the animal. The pit bull later died from the wound.

"The officer arrived on the scene in less than three minutes, but it must have felt like an eternity to the poor woman being attacked," Truth or Consequences Police Chief Patrick Gallagher told Reuters.

The policeman attempted to help Salcedo, but the wounds were too severe. The woman died after being taken to the hospital.

The three remaining pit bulls ran off, but were later rounded up and taken to an animal shelter. It has not yet been determined if they will be put down.

The dogs belonged to John and Maria Hardiman, who were not home at the time of the attack. Authorities are trying to determine if criminal charges are warranted. It was unclear how the dogs escaped their yard.

The attack sent shock waves through Truth or Consequences, a community of about 7,300 named after a 1950s television game show.

"I think it's like living in the Middle Ages where you hate to go outside because the wolves are going to eat your grandchildren," Elizabeth Stout told KOB 4 News.
nice choice of words Kurt. "damn shame" My arent we eloquent. Just wait till someone has a few "choice words " for you, too. Uhhh duhhh...hmmmmh
DrakeS
mach

Re: What can you do/ what would you do?

Postby AztecDave » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 am

Yes, you "put the dogs down." They have demonstrated that they have unfortunately been improperly raised. Sorry, but they are too dangerous. Then, and this is very important, you get eight other pit bulls of equal or greater ferocity, and they then maul to death the former owners of the previous dogs. Two for each idiot - same ratio of dogs to person. A little "old school" I know, but that would be justice. If this had happened to my wife or children, the former owners would be begging to be mauled to death compared to what I would have in store for them. Medieval doesn't begin to describe the...techniques... I would employ.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby DrakeS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:49 am

I bet standing around practically helplessly while someone else is torn to shreds surely must be terrible enough. If you google 'pit bull'(s) in the news, the news items are quite prevalent. When I hear these stories, I always wonder what I might have done if placed in the context. Am I willing to give up this precious blood and life and breath to a pack of someone elses ill bred intemperate yard pets....I mean c'mon? But to stand around and wait for help...
DrakeS
mach

Postby Q » Thu May 12, 2011 2:11 am

Car horn? Siren? What color is the sky on your planet?

I've seen pits smashed over the head with a shovel and they kept fighting. A pack of them attacking a person? Better have a shotgun nearby.

"Stop I say! This instant!" Seriously, what the fuck else are you supposed to do, unarmed?
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby DrakeS » Sat May 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Q wrote:Car horn? Siren? What color is the sky on your planet?

I've seen pits smashed over the head with a shovel and they kept fighting. A pack of them attacking a person? Better have a shotgun nearby.

"Stop I say! This instant!" Seriously, what the fuck else are you supposed to do, unarmed?

I was just the type though to maintain such curiosity ...you have seen a Rottweiler howl away havent you even though the fire/police/ambulance siren is yards of aircraft carrier distances away havent you? And not just use the horn but use the car grill and ball right in there like a stunt driver...I keep seeing images in my head of doing the hammer throw with one of these fuckers

http://youtu.be/Jpbgg2TRCuw

but seriously just look at these two puss sops

http://youtu.be/FSeHv2PPiD4
DrakeS
mach

Postby Q » Sat May 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Yes, I would use an aircraft carrier to scare away the pit bulls.

I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby DrakeS » Sun May 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Wow. how handy. It's annual National Dog Bite prevention week, starting May 17th - 23rd.

Site also says "Be aware that if you use any given electronic dog repellent that relies on sound, a deaf guard dog won't hear it or respond to the sound."

http://www.womens-self-defense-instruct ... llent.html

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-ne ... ttack-dogs

good luck out there ladies
DrakeS
mach

Return to Black Flag Cafe