I have become.....comfortably numb

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

I have become.....comfortably numb

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:39 am

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/student-sentenced-rampage-021837914.html

Here he was heard to shout:"'Let them eat cake', they said. "We won't eat cake, we'll eat fire and ice and destruction because we're angry, we're f****** angry."

Can't £700M buy a sponge cake or two? This recession is getting way out of hand

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Re: I have become.....comfortably numb

Postby coldharvest » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:21 am

He issued an apology the day after the demonstrations, describing the incident at the Cenotaph as a "moment of idiocy", and added that he did not realise the Whitehall monument commemorated Britain's war dead.

His climbing the Cenotaph wasn't a real problem, the unforgivable sin for him and education in general is him not knowing he was climbing
a memorial to the people who died so he could be free to be a privileged ungratful ignorant fucking tosser.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Mikethehack » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:08 am

Ironic how some (perhaps more) of the students protesting don't have to worry about money. I suppose the rest don't attend because they can't afford the transport costs to get them there or can't take time out from their part-time jobs to go there.

Also ironic how the parents don't turn up to protest about the fees. I guess they, like their kids, are working their fingers to the bone, trying to scrimp and save to help put Mary Jane or little Johnny thru college.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:22 am

Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:24 am

It's the fact that children aren't taught the true meaning of the Cenotaph that disturbs me more than fees or politics or the right of protest.
All these things are possible because of the sacrifice of those memorialised....it does not stand for a General or Leader it stands for us,
it stands for the beautiful brave youth cut down to ensure the peace and freedom of generations unknown,
it's terrible presence reminding us to pause before we add new inscriptions.
The dead have sacrificed their future for the present we borrow from our children........never forget.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 am

He's reading history at Cambridge, he fucking knew what it meant. Cunts like him spoiled the protests of those students who will struggle with the fees, it was a whizz-bang day out with the oiks, and this privileged little prick hanging off the flag at the Cenotaph is the enduring image of the protest.

Charlie boy is as much a revolutionary as the Archbishop of Canterbury, looking forward to hearing stories of yardies hanging out the back of him in stir, but I suspect he'll get similar status privileges inside to those he enjoys outside

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:55 am

flipflop wrote:but I suspect he'll get similar status privileges inside to those he enjoys outside

Cheers

Gaol is notorious for being packed to the brim with people who care not a whit for convention and privilege.
I hope he's a vegan because he's going to be tossing a lot of salad.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Mikethehack » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:02 pm

flipflop wrote:Image

Looks like momma went to the Mary Archer school of fashion for tips on what to wear in court.

"Has she elegance? Has she fragrance? Would she have, without the strain of this trial, radiance?"
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFz33oWVTDE

I could never read on acid

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby kilroy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:13 pm

he's a dumbfuck. but it's totally understandable why students would be protesting fees. the shit universities tack on just to make a couple bucks is ridiculous. getting just as out of hand as hospitals here in the US.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:36 pm

The weedy pretty boy looking little fucker is going to get plenty of protein in prison, playing mummies and daddies.....sucking mummy's cock.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Return to Black Flag Cafe