Bill O'Reilly hit with sexual Harassement suit

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: ...

Postby Tarkan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:17 pm

CdnSkyDiva wrote:He's a sick puppy, but it has always been my experience that its those extreme Right wing conservatives that girls and little boys have to watch out for.

Wow. What an idiotic statement.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby CdnSkyDiva » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:50 pm

Tarkan wrote:
CdnSkyDiva wrote:He's a sick puppy, but it has always been my experience that its those extreme Right wing conservatives that girls and little boys have to watch out for.

Really? I said my opinion was based on my personal experiences, and as someone who is well versed in the Stop Violence against women campaign, it is my experience that it's generally those who profess extreme Right wing views, are predominantly the ones who commit these types of acts. As Sexual Harassment, abuse, assault is an act of power and aggression, Tree hugger type thinkers are seldom attached to these acts.

As far as the little boys comments - wouldn't sicko Catholic Priests fit this category too?
CdnSkyDiva

Postby patriot » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:55 pm

As far as the little boys comments - wouldn't sicko Catholic Priests fit this category too?

Those men weren't Catholics. They were wolves in sheeps clothing.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:25 pm

CdnSkyDiva wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Really? I said my opinion was based on my personal experiences, and as someone who is well versed in the Stop Violence against women campaign, it is my experience that it's generally those who profess extreme Right wing views, are predominantly the ones who commit these types of acts. As Sexual Harassment, abuse, assault is an act of power and aggression, Tree hugger type thinkers are seldom attached to these acts.

Fringe groups attract fringe characters. Charles Manson was a bit of a radical social progressive.

Sexual perversion doesn't flow along political lines last time I looked at the DSM IV. Most people don't form a permanent political identity until they are in the late 20's. Sexual perversion forms much earlier, and usually generated by sexual abuse.

In other words, you used an unfounded and unsupportable statement about sexual perversion to take a swipe at people you disagree with politically, cloaking it in "in my experience".

What's the difference between Bill Clinton and Bill O'Reilly? One, Bill Clinton settled a sexual harrassment lawsuit and was disbarred for lying. Two, you felt Bill O'Reilly's accussation was fit to condemn conservatives, but somehow don't think Bill Clinton's acts has anything to do with liberals per se. Apply simple logical reduction and you might see you can't think one applies and the other doesn't, I'm afraid.

Which is why your statement was idiotic.

Sicko Catholic Priests are usually democrats...i.e., liberal.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Shining Eye » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:35 pm

Fag Boy: Liberal/Left can't make any headway against Right because the majority of Americans don't buy into the Liberal/left agenda(See Fox Cables news vs MSNBC viewer stats, Phil Donawho?, failed liberal/left talk radio, Air America? Ugly asshole Al Franken?) so they have resorted to personal attacks on the leaders of the conservative media. Your inability to make the connection is one more instance that the liberal/left/multi-cultralist/PC-agenda influenced American educational system is turning out cookie-cutter tubers and mealy-mouthed whiners sans clues.
Terrorist are the missionaries of Islam.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:43 pm

As a business administrator who has been responsible for investigating Title 7 Sexual Harrassment claims on about a dozen occasions, I would have reservations about this particular woman's claims. It appears she did not take advantage of her company's sexual harrassment investigation and complaint procedures which is, undoubtedly, outlined in her employee handbook. She would have also received training as to what constitues sexual harrassment and how to file a complaint against another employee. It seems she did not follow this procedure and went straight to her personal lawyer in what looks a lot like a shakedown for tens of millions of dollars.

It makes it extremely difficult for management to resolve Title 7 disputes when the alleged victim does not follow the appropriate procedure. She has already blown her anonymity and the company cannot conduct a fair investigation.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby patriot » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:48 pm

Retarded dumb fuck: This is a law suite between a former Fox producer and Bill O'Reilly. How you equate this to a liberal conspiracy is beyond me. Your inability to make this connection is typical of the douch-baggery that runs rampant among Fox viewers. Name one liberal involved in the law suite or stap flappin those dick-suckin lips.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:50 pm

Come on, guys. Quit calling each other names when you debate. It makes you both look worse than you are.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby patriot » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:52 pm

I would Buzz, but Whiner can't help himself, and there's really nothing to debate. For some retarded reason he thinks the liberal left is behind the law suit. How fucking stupid can you be??
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:02 pm

patriot wrote:I would Buzz, but Whiner can't help himself, and there's really nothing to debate. For some retarded reason he thinks the liberal left is behind the law suit. How fucking stupid can you be??

Well, gee, I dunno why he might think that. For some reason all the Democrats thought there was a vast right wing conspiracy around the Paula Jones lawsuit (which she won by the way).
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:05 pm

Well, gee, I dunno why he might think that. For some reason all the Democrats thought there was a vast right wing conspiracy around the Paula Jones lawsuit (which she won by the way).

So he thinks there's a liberal conspiracy behind the O'Reilly lawsuit because of the Democrats thinking there was a conservative conspiracy behind the Paula Jones lawsuit?

You're not making any sense Tarkan.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aegis » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:12 pm

Tarkan wrote:
patriot wrote:I would Buzz, but Whiner can't help himself, and there's really nothing to debate. For some retarded reason he thinks the liberal left is behind the law suit. How fucking stupid can you be??

Because he's FUG. Like you needed explanation. He'll blame EVERY social ill on the left in America, regardless of evidence to the contrary. Just like Sri will blame every ill in the world on American conservatives, regardless of evidence to the contrary or even plain common sense. They're gimmick posters; thats their thing.

Now as for the Fox thing. I couldn't tell you whether this is legit or not, But for christ's sake, put the tinfoil hats away until we see evidence from either side.
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Location: The dark heart of "Red" Oregon... or I guess its "Blue" Oregon now.

Postby patriot » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:17 pm

You were always the sensible one Aegis.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:26 pm

Aegis wrote:Now as for the Fox thing. I couldn't tell you whether this is legit or not, But for christ's sake, put the tinfoil hats away until we see evidence from either side.

One lawsuit by one ex-producer a conspiracy does not make.

That being said, some people's attempt to use an accussation by one person against another person to make a sweeping characterization of conservatives is pretty disgusting.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:28 pm

And he was also polite. In the other thread there's some Reuters story where O'Reilly takes the vast left-wing conspiracy position also.

http://www.comebackalive.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=5429

Although Mackris had never previously complained to anyone
in authority at Fox about sexual harassment by O'Reilly, last
month her lawyer began threatening to sue Fox over offensive
statements made to her, the suit said.
During a meeting Morelli had with Fox and News Corp
representatives, he showed them a draft of the complaint
containing lengthy quotes that came from O'Reilly. The suit
charged that the length of the quotes and the "specific
verbiage" made it appear that Mackris had taped O'Reilly.
Morelli demanded $60 million in "hush money to keep quiet,"
according to the suit.
Fox and O'Reilly charged in their suit that the defendants'
actions were motivated by greed and Morelli's Democratic
political connections.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe