Human flesh capsules.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Human flesh capsules.

Postby Royal » Mon May 07, 2012 3:22 pm

S Korea 'to target powdered human flesh capsules'
08 May 2012

South Korea says it will increase customs inspections targeting capsules containing powdered human flesh.

The Korea Customs Service said it had found almost 17,500 of the capsules being smuggled into the country from China since August 2011.
The powdered flesh, which officials said came from dead babies and foetuses, is reportedly thought by some to cure disease and boost stamina.
But officials said the capsules were full of bacteria and a health risk.

"It was confirmed those capsules contain materials harmful to the human body, such as super bacteria. We need to take tougher measures to protect public health," a customs official was quoted as saying by the Korea Times.
Inspections are to be stepped up on shipments of drugs arriving from north-east China, Yonhap news agency reported.
The Dong-a Ilbo newspaper said that capsules were being dyed or switched into boxes of other drugs in a bid to disguise them.

Some of the capsules were found in travellers' luggage and some in the post, customs officials said.
Allegations that human flesh capsules were being trafficked from north-east China into South Korea emerged last year in a South Korean television documentary.

At the time China's Health Ministry said it was investigating the claims raised by the programme.
Ministry spokesman Deng Haihua, quoted at the time in China Daily, said China had "strict management of disposal of infant and foetal remains as well as placentas".
"Any practice that handles the remains as medical waste is strictly prohibited," the newspaper quoted him as saying.
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Re: Human flesh capsules.

Postby gnaruki » Mon May 14, 2012 6:39 am

Any good fleshlight jokes to go with this?

Sordidly comforting. Those godless chinese will cut up themselves and each other all in the name of a quick yuan.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon May 14, 2012 2:23 pm

gnaruki wrote:Those godless chinese

Many Chinese worship any number of Gods.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon May 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Yes...and as I mentioned there is even a Chinese Mennonite congregation on this crazy mixed up planet. I'm sure there is a Ku Klux Klan Buddhist Sangha somewhere in the mix as well.
Sri Lanky

Postby gnaruki » Mon May 14, 2012 3:28 pm

coldharvest wrote:
gnaruki wrote:Those godless chinese

Many Chinese worship any number of Gods.

Absolutely. I was making reference to the communist aspect that infiltrated their culture. That seems to have done a good job wrecking a lot of their various religions.

Sri Lanky wrote:Yes...and as I mentioned there is even a Chinese Mennonite congregation on this crazy mixed up planet. I'm sure there is a Ku Klux Klan Buddhist Sangha somewhere in the mix as well.

Apparently Russian Orthodox types that fled after the red revolution ended up in China, S. American (i want to say Brasil and Argentina), Canada, and NWern US.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Mon May 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Reminds me of that scandal years ago about baby soap being made from abortions.
Cue an image of a woman in a shower lathering up and thinking, 'Hmmmm, this smells familiar....'
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby RAH » Mon May 21, 2012 1:37 pm

And in the early 2000s in Chisinau, Moldova two men were arrested for selling human flesh as animal parts, which they'd gotten from the Incurable Diseases Clinic.

One take from BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1256023.stm
RAH
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Mon May 21, 2012 2:12 pm

There was always warnings going around to foreign staff in Russia back in the 1990s about buying pork. Apparently some people ended up eating a different kind of pork.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue May 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Human flesh capsule = prostitute
Sri Lanky

Return to Black Flag Cafe