Speech by Kerry on Iraq/Health Care/Terrorism

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Speech by Kerry on Iraq/Health Care/Terrorism

Postby Vincent » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:52 pm

Text of Speech earlier today by John Kerry in Columbus, Ohio

“Today, four more soldiers were killed in Iraq, the wrong war, at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons. Those are four brothers, fours sons, four fathers who will not see another Christmas, another birthday another baseball game. They are also four young men who Dick Cheney’s daughter will never date – not because they died, but because she is an unabashed lesbian. You know the type, short hair, sensible shoes.

In the last week, two hundred thousand Americans lost their health insurance. Along with infants who won’t get a flu shot, our grandmothers who won’t get their heat medication, Dick Cheney’s daughter will not be able to get birth-control pills. Which doesn’t matter to these “compassionate conservatives”, not because their friends in the pharmaceutical companies will suffer a small profit loss, but because as everyone knows, she’s a lesbian and has no need for birth control pills for all the obvious reasons. Lesbians like Mary Cheney don’t need birth control pills, unless they are those fake kind of lesbians, like Ann Heche, but Mary Cheney is a rock-solid, no holds barred lesbian. The type that listens to Joan Jett and Ani DiFranco and the Indigo Girls.

After four years of Bush/Cheney, which is an ironic name when you think about it, we are no safer. We are under assault by reactionary forces that believe we should turn the clock back to the 6th century. Forces who don’t believe that people who worship a different God should be put to death, who believe that people, like Mary Cheney, Dick Cheney’s daughter should be put to death because of who she loves, which is another woman.

This election is about so much more than whether lesbians like Dick Cheney’s daughter should be able to marry their lesbian girlfriends. That’s all the Republicans want to talk about. I want to speak about the real issues facing America, like the war in Iraq, health care and Terrorism. I need you to join with me and send a clear message to the Republicans that we want them to address the issues that are important to us, not what goes on behind closed doors in Mary Cheney’s house, which is wild, Sapphic love. Thank you and God Bless America!!!
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Postby Skirita » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:51 pm

Nice!
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." - W.B. Yeats
Skirita
Malus In Se

Postby SoloPilot » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:57 pm

Funny how the Republicans only want to talk about Dick Cheney's gay daughter, when it's only the Johns who have brought it up, and they won't stop talking about it.

My biggest complaint with Kerry (okay, my SECOND biggest complaint) is that he's forcing me to vote for Bush.

My first biggest complaint with Kerry? He keeps breathing.
SoloPilot

Location: There I was, flat on my back, outta fuel, outta ammo, no commo . . .

Return to Black Flag Cafe