Anyone *seen* any good films... lately???

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Postby el3so » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:34 am

The ritual from 2017 has some tense moments, bit disappointed by the finale.

Been on a bit of an old B-movie kick, nowadays it's crappy remakes/reboots galore, I don't even bother.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:16 am

New screen is way too big, guess I gotta fix up a larger room to view it in, first world problems indeed. New but ancient by now rig, PB still going strong, pbut. Leeching off media conglomerates, watching HD pron, gambling on the international stock market and talking sh!t all on one device, thank Jebus for technology.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:51 pm

Remake of All quiet on the Western front wasn't bad at all. Action scenes were good, proving once again it's hard to make a true anti-war movie.

Can't best the guy playing Kat from the original IMO, dude did his best. Had to google it to make sure wasn't Tom Hardy but his German-speaking döppelganger.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby SRR » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:46 pm

el3so wrote:Remake of All quiet on the Western front wasn't bad at all. Action scenes were good, proving once again it's hard to make a true anti-war movie.

Can't best the guy playing Kat from the original IMO, dude did his best. Had to google it to make sure wasn't Tom Hardy but his German-speaking döppelganger.

I quite enjoyed it, however I was triggered by the lack of transgendered visible minorities reciting passages from The Communist Manifesto on the front lines.

(Apparently this is something people complain about in Hollywood these days)
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Re: Re:

Postby el3so » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:08 pm

SRR wrote:however I was triggered by the lack of transgendered visible minorities reciting passages from The Communist Manifesto
Maybe they're saving up those roles for the sequel set during the Spartacist uprising. German movie. You never know.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Sat May 13, 2023 9:58 pm

Mirage men from 2013. Dunno if it is a documentary, pretty damned entertaining.

Tells a tale of how counter-intelligence can be a funny business and why UFOs exist.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Anyone *seen* any good films... lately???

Postby SRR » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:06 am

I've been doing a deep dive into 1970's science fiction, resulting in a hugely variable quality of movies from hilariously bad (The Incredible Melting Man) to incredibly sophisticated explorations of artificial intelligence (Colossus: The Forbin Project) to shameless Star Wars ripoffs (Message From Space). Death Race was also some great black humour, and of course I had to watch the 2017 remake which had some great post apocalyptic American place names (I am so looking forward to visiting Walmartinique).
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Previous

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport