The Wire

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Re: The Wire

Postby Mikethehack » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:15 pm

nowonmai wrote:I thought Twin Peaks was shite. Like a pretentious version of Lost.

That's a damn fine summary, nowonmai, a damn fine summary.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

I take my black coffee with cream

Postby el3so » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:47 pm

It's slow and campy like most stuff from the 1980s but I find it entertaining. Almost done with the first season.
Seems to me like it's one of those shows that are best viewed stoned. Better limber up for the finale.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Caliban » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:30 pm

The only bit of it I ever liked was Sherilyn Fenn tying a knot in a cherry stalk with her tongue. Ive spent years musing on what her trick might be useful for...
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby el3so » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Caliban wrote: tying a knot in a cherry stalk with her tongue.

Yeah, that bit was fun but the series is seriously lacking in nudity IMHO. Also, the first season finale isn't a finale. Guess I will have to watch the second series too.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Fansy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:04 pm

think some of the quirkiness in twin peaks comes across as pretense. i remember experiencin a similar inkling occasionally while watchin but also i saw it like 10-15 years after it came out. set in its period, the late 80s and early 90s were a pretentious time tho and i imagine if you were stuck watchin it in the belly of the beast, the early 90s esp, the show might have represented much of what was wrong with film fashion and the world for those 3-4 years of terrible hair- and suit cuts.

a related example of what was wrong with the world of entertainment are the following two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWbMu4PtpE

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMabBGydC0&ob=av3e

quirkiness that really was a bunch of fuckin nerds creatin unique things, but because of style, faces and fashion theyre pretty pretentious if not just straight hippie gay with no apology to normal gay ppl for making gay worse. i also believe this is when "gay" and "faggot" were really separated semantically from true gays and faggots. these entertainment types were "more palestinian than the palestinians themselves", and rendered "quirky" a synonymous phrase to "pretentious hippie faggot who needs to punched in the face"
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:07 pm

ps: what says early 90s more than hippie/liberated/witty/smoking chicks with the dark, short, angled haircuts like you see in comics with the female action star and with stupid hippie extra vests and gloves and of course the "im not gay but i hate the white straight male old establishment" attitude. its pretty hot. showcased in rusted root video at 00:42-00:43
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Fansy wrote: rendered "quirky" a synonymous phrase to "pretentious hippie faggot who needs to punched in the face"

And a couple of years later grunge and the "darker and edgier" stuff came along. Makes sense.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby JohnnyFishfinger » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:43 am

Caliban wrote:'Cutty' Wise: The game done changed...
Slim Charles: Game's the same, just got more fierce.

my favourite quote from the show by two of my favourite characters.

Another Slim Charles classic: "If it's a lie, than we fight on that lie!"
I don't want to know who you use, as long as they're not complete muppets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpyHbcXTIs
JohnnyFishfinger
Alien Pircay

Re: I will find out who killed Laura Palmer 20 years too l

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:45 am

el3so wrote:I return to you from amid the mists of time once more...

Watching Twin Peaks now, didn't have the chance to see it back in the early 1990s.

Pretty tame until now although the hotel-dude and his weird brother go visit a brothel and all the girls are dressed like characters out of Alice in Wonderland. I like where it is going. The body-count is still pretty low though.

I did not notice this post until now. I watched Twin Peaks again too about 1 year ago. I watched it when it came out and the thing about American TV in 1989/1990 is that there was never anything weird on. Twin Peaks was the only thing us too-cool-for-tv college students would occupy the TV lounge for.

When I watch it now I think it could be made today as an event that took place in 1989 and would not be dated....Except James, the "Biker" high school student who was always crying, sleeping with women and then crying again, playing the guitar and then running away in a hissy snit to sleep with a woman and then cry some more. I forgot about the late 80's having this "thing" for "tough yet sensitive" and their idea of "tough" was a leather jacket and a motorcycle while "sensitive" meant being an unbearable bitch-man. James did not work for me and I wish he could be excised from Twin Peaks.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:26 am

Gonna come clean now and admit I never did finish watching that second season.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:58 pm

el3so wrote:Gonna come clean now and admit I never did finish watching that second season.

The second season kind of blew.

First one was great tv and the second one was "oh crap...lets run with this some more"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:33 am

i just watched em all in a row on vhs recorded, never knew when season break actually was. it just got weirder towards the end but the fact that it had the bad ending and then got canceled/dropped before any redemption could happen made it all worth it.

and i married that gf i mentioned on page 2. but we still havent watched the wire. another year or so i imagine.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:59 am

Fansy wrote:i just watched em all in a row on vhs recorded, never knew when season break actually was. it just got weirder towards the end but the fact that it had the bad ending and then got canceled/dropped before any redemption could happen made it all worth it.

and i married that gf i mentioned on page 2. but we still havent watched the wire. another year or so i imagine.

Make sure you label your DVD collection.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:02 pm

how bout i just label your forehead with my dick?
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 am

Fansy wrote:how bout i just label your forehead with my dick?

The ghost of Christmas future is never welcome.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport