The Wire

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

what is not to love?

Postby el3so » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:35 am

Whore-slapping: check;
whisky-drinking: check;
card-playing: check;
racial slurs and profanity: check;
shooting people in the face: check;
feeding corpses to pigs: check;
Injun killing: not yet, but I've got a good feeling about it.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: The Wire

Postby Fansy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:15 pm

deadwood is an hbo gem. better than period-based rome, john adams, even pop hits like entourage and true blood. in treatment is another rarely mentioned but worthwhile escape, if yer into such things concerning the show's premise as can be had by the hbo/wikipedia/or other synopsis page. treme, so far, is an enjoyable series (from the writers of the wire and many of the same actors) for its education alone of the music and cultural history of new orleans.

but few if any hbo series can evn hold a candle to curb your enthusiasm. including the wire.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:58 pm

priatebay only has individual episodes of treme, sounds good though.
Fansy wrote: but few if any hbo series can evn hold a candle to curb your enthusiasm.

Meh, it has its moments. Also, blue is the prettiest colour.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Finally got round to sorting my books, comics and other fictional crap. Turns out I own a copy of jedi knights: old republic from 2003. Never played or even installed it until yesterday.
Cool game despite the star wars fluff, kinda turn-based so it is actually fun to play while non-sober.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

game got repetitive real fast, never finished it

Postby el3so » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:13 am

Time machine's media input now set a mere 3 years back, first season of True Blood.

Bit of a soap-opera feel: romances and dark secrets with supernaturals and the odd murder thrown in, kinda girly-ish sure but, not unlike wearing silk underwear, it grows on you.

Not bad, not bad at all.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: game got repetitive real fast, never finished it

Postby coldharvest » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:42 pm

el3so wrote:Time machine's media input now set a mere 3 years back, first season of True Blood.

Bit of a soap-opera feel: romances and dark secrets with supernaturals and the odd murder thrown in, kinda girly-ish sure but, not unlike wearing silk underwear, it grows on you.

Not bad, not bad at all.

True Blood is superb, it gets even better in the next two seasons.
Have you watched Sons of Anarchy yet?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby kilroy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:20 am

said it before and i'll say it again. the wire is the best show ever made.

sons of anarchy is decent idle entertainment, but it's so close to good that it's frustrating. it was doing decently as an mc version of hamlet, and i was glad they decided to take it in a new direction, but then everyone started getting along and stopped conspiring against each other and it got boring. and i wish the antagonists were actually characters instead of afterthought cardboard cutouts.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 pm

I like True Blood but to be honest it gets on my nerves too. Sometimes it is fun to hope they kill off the main and supporting characters. LaFayette is the only one that would not drive me batty IRL.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Penta » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:31 pm

kilroy wrote:said it before and i'll say it again. the wire is the best show ever made.

+1
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Caliban » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Penta wrote:
kilroy wrote:said it before and i'll say it again. the wire is the best show ever made.

+1

Oh, indeed.

This is Baltimore gentlemen - your Gods will not save you!
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:16 am

Sons of Anarchy was as gay as Christmas. The lead chatacter looks like that Kurt Cobain fella and Peggy Bundy dont make for a believable biker chick. Epic fail. But yea, The Wire fookin rocked as far as new skool cop shows go but before declairin it the winner in the New Skool Cop Show Catigory lets not foreget The Shield. That fookin show rocked. I rented them by the season and watched episode after episode till my eyes bled while drinkin beer and smokin weed. Yea baby!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Caliban » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Yeah I loved the Shield too, watching it religiously and bought the DVDs series by series. As a Police concept type of series it worked well but the only one that I have ever felt related directly to what real inner city policing is like is The Wire.

Baltimore is a city with almost identical origins to where I live and have worked for 30 years. I visited Baltimore quite a few years before the Wire was made and can say the police issues were much the same as ours were and largely solved (or not) in the same way. So watching it I could draw so many real parallels to so much that was in it. the writers for sure new their trade and the subject. Absolutely the best and most realistic I have ever watched, and re watched and rewatched and will watch again soon.

'Cutty' Wise: The game done changed...
Slim Charles: Game's the same, just got more fierce.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

I will find out who killed Laura Palmer 20 years too l

Postby el3so » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:11 am

I return to you from amid the mists of time once more...

Watching Twin Peaks now, didn't have the chance to see it back in the early 1990s.

Pretty tame until now although the hotel-dude and his weird brother go visit a brothel and all the girls are dressed like characters out of Alice in Wonderland. I like where it is going. The body-count is still pretty low though.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Fansy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:51 pm

twin peaks is epic. i loved watchin the intro every episode like with sopranos, you knoe gettin all pumped for the show. true blood sorta had that until like season 3 and now 4 where the intro is the best part and serves as a sad reminder of the halcyon days of season 1. still am watchin true blood tho since gf is now addicted, just like i got her addicted to game of thrones and rome. the language/subject matter barrier i think is still a bit much for her true enjoyment of the wire. that will be on down the line after a few prep courses on both vernacular and politics of crim j in america. yeah thats right gonna make her take a class from me first before she can watch. its the only responsible way i can figure it to potentially work out in her and the show's (and our relationship's) favor.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:37 pm

I thought Twin Peaks was shite. Like a pretentious version of Lost.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport