Anyone *seen* any good films... lately???

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Re: Anyone *seen* any good films... lately???

Postby ktrout » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:57 am

Just watched Thirteenth Floor again. Not groundbreaking like The Matrix but worth streaming.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:13 am

I'm streaming Striptease off of Netflix right now. Demi's very girl-next-door actually. My type. When I saw the chick with the watermelon sized melons at the beginning I ROFLOL'd and said "You've got to be fucking kidding me!"
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

regrets

Postby el3so » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:04 am

From the people involved in Italian Spiderman...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z09bNgSeMI[/youtube]
Been watching about as many contemporary pron spoofs as actual blockbusters lately tbh

SFW I gotta admit I enjoyed the cabin in the woods. It involves a cute redhead, a stoner, a hot blonde, a guy with glasses and Thor all going to a lodge in a forest. Nice computer graphics and good ol' fashioned make-up, story is less predictable than it seems and there is a royal amount of both gore and humor.
NSFW third thumb up for Marc Dorcel's inglorious bitçhes. They don't actually stick to the original screenplay but it all ties in at the end. It's French so mostly Eastern-European chicks, steamy rather than seedy shots/action and glamorous costumes+scenery. It's in French (of course) but don't worry there isn't much dialogue, it being hardcore adult entertainment and all.

I guess the main reason I don't watch many recent releases is on account of most of the tv stuff being available in dvd like quality hours after being broadcast nowadays. Call me a snob but I usually prefer waiting for the dvd release of movies before seeing them. That and me not going to cinemas due to non-smoking & no liquor policies combined with the price of their beer.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:07 am

Watched Taken the other night. Way fookin cool flick.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Saw "Lincoln" last night. It was very good! I thought some folks here might be interested, just because of the ongoing discussion about why Lincoln was the worst president in the history of the USA and possibly world. And, the movie TOTALLY alludes to his taking liberties with war powers and generally being a political sleezeball in order to get what he wanted, but lets him defend his actions via Daniel Day Lewis, who is a god among actors and no disappointment here.

Now, it is a Spielberg film, which may put you off, but he doesn't "go there" (into the cheeseball tearjerky bullshit zone) until the last, totally missable eight-minute coda after the climax of the movie. I knew it was coming... in my head, I was like, "Just end the movie here, Steven, everyone knows where he's going, to the playhouse, there's no ambiguity but you could, for once in your career, leave us with the illusion of ambiguity by not actually saying he's going to the playhouse, by not actually showing one of the most famous historical event in US history.... we all know, so just end it here." But no. But whatever. At least no one was putting rocks on his grave or dancing with tiny aliens.

The real treat for me was the dialogue. It almost reminded me of a movie from the 50s, where it's all about clever repartee. Of course, it's a little more hamfisted for the modern action-romcom-Facebook audience than, say, "Inherit the Wind." I mean, you can't just reference a Biblical quote or Penguin classic off the cuff anymore, because modern audiences don't really read that stuff. But considering the current zeitgeist, it was a really clever script. The insults traded on the House floor are downright Shakespearian. And it shows a lot of the nuance surrounding the passage of the 13th Amendment that I had never really contemplated before. Steven Spielberg's inexplicable need for comic relief no matter how serious the subject matter serves him extremely well here, too - the guys Secretary of State Seward hires to buy votes are like the three stooges, but not quite as ridiculous. A touch of levity really serves to humanize the extreme racism of the day.

Anyway, recommended, with reservations. If you want to see a talky, historically accurate movie with great acting and writing, you'll probably like it. If that sounds boring as fuck, well, it'll probably be boring as fuck. Since there are no special effects to speak of, it'll be fine on the small screen, too.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Woodsman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Saw the new hobbit flick this weekend / was great with great scenery (as always) but the ending sucks as it is far too abrupt and (as always) leaves you hanging.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:10 am

Woodsman wrote:Saw the new hobbit flick this weekend / was great with great scenery (as always) but the ending sucks as it is far too abrupt and (as always) leaves you hanging.

That b/c you've got two more to go amigo.

friendlyskies wrote:[Lincoln]

Really hoping to see this before it leaves theatres.

Only thing else to see in theatre for me is "Zero Dark Thirty".

One that's coming out soon, in the US, is "The Impossible", that I had a chance to watch on a screener a couple wks ago and highly recommend. Ewan McGregor, Naomi Watts, and the Boxing Day Tsunami.

Went on a lo-fi sci-fi kick (inspired by this post: http://daily.greencine.com/archives/008339.html#more) and checked out "Safety Not Guaranteed" (pretty good; enjoyed Aubrey Plaza given a bit of range for once) and "Sound of My Voice" (also good; Brit Marling = hot). I didn't like "Searching For a Friend At the End of The World" or whatever the title is w/ Steve Carrell. I also finally watched "Primer" which was really good. The article mentions "Looper", which was fun, and if you want a JGL not, you can watch "Premium Rush", an old school actiony and fun film he was in about being a bike messenger in NYC.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:30 am

Zero dark thirty was long and lame. I just got back from watching it. Personally, I'd recommend passing on it.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:31 am

saw "django" last nite. great movie. tarantino in overdrive. long movie but didn't drag at all. will still see "0 dark thirty." only cause i was in 'stan when it went down. want to see "lincoln," also. will pass on the "hobbit." not my cup of tea.

ps: kerry washington has "it."
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby elba » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:44 am

The impossible was predictable but well made
elba

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:57 pm

AztecDave wrote: will still see "0 dark thirty." only cause i was in 'stan when it went down.

Paki...stan?

No need to see the film, this is the official footage and I think you're the short one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPVhbQpO-xU[/youtube]
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:45 am

I would have much rather watched that than the real one. Seriously, it's more entertaining!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

the "D" is silent

Postby el3so » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Contrary to my expectations I enjoyed Django. Plenty of action, very few dumb/Tarantino dialogues. And yes, seeing a black man riding a horse was kinda funny.

half a Hobbit: meh, some good scenes (dwarves' escape) but I watched it in 2 goes, so I guess I got bored.

Expendables 2: not a bad over-the-top action movie even if the protagonists look like they are made out of wax, hair implants and steroids.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby AztecDave » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:54 am

saw 0 dark 30. is pretty good & accurate enuff. my biggest comment is "that's torture?" are you kidding me? they're lucky i wasn't giving guidance. no blowtorch, pliers, shears or other appendage/digit removing tools. what political BS. other than that i enjoyed it. i laughed at how they blended that fob chapman attack into the story line, though.

my kids are dragging me to "the hobbit" today. trying to think of what to bring that i can use to pass 3 hrs sureptitiously in a crowded theater. anybody?

expendables 2: an enjoyable/disposable throwback over the top action pic. reminds me of the OLD SNL skit they did "quien es mas macho?"
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:38 pm

AztecDave wrote:saw 0 dark 30. is pretty good & accurate enuff. my biggest comment is "that's torture?" are you kidding me? they're lucky i wasn't giving guidance. no blowtorch, pliers, shears or other appendage/digit removing tools. what political BS. other than that i enjoyed it. i laughed at how they blended that fob chapman attack into the story line, though.

my kids are dragging me to "the hobbit" today. trying to think of what to bring that i can use to pass 3 hrs sureptitiously in a crowded theater. anybody?

expendables 2: an enjoyable/disposable throwback over the top action pic. reminds me of the OLD SNL skit they did "quien es mas macho?"

I finally saw Zero Dark 30 and did end up going to Django.

I liked ZD30 well enough. I really didn't connect w/ Django and thought it overly long, self-indulgent, and only at times mildly funny. Good luck w/ The Hobbit...maybe just get a nap in?
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport