Anyone *seen* any good films... lately???

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Re: Anyone *seen* any good films... lately???

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:51 am

AztecDave wrote:speaking of "realism," just saw 13 hrs in benghazi. pretty truthful to the book, at least. and during the actual 13 hrs of attacks, fairly accurate from what I have read. the political shitstorm afterwards not withstanding, I thought it was evenly balanced. a little "rah rah" in places (waddaya expect w/ Michael bay). and most of the Christians In Action are portrayed a little too stereotypically as w/out any street smarts, which I find hard to believe.

i think 13 hours in benghazi pretty much explains how its all rolling.
i watched the video more than once.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Sicario was enjoyable, kinda has a Heat vibe to it.
"These decisions are made far from here, by officials elected to office, not appointed to them."

Didn't care much for the Star Wars reboot, dld it 8 months or so later, seems like they made the same fücking movie as the first (and the third one) once more.

Nightcrawler is a good one, pretty tense stuff. Same dude plays a different dude in Zodiac.

More nudity and violence in tv series nowadays anyway but other than Narcos (the sickly capitan of BOPE and the head-smashed mustachioed dude from GoT) and the usual stuff I find it hard to get my monthly Gb's fill worth.

Saw a docu on a secret airfield in Laos but it's from 2009 or so. Mercenaries, dope, spooks, the works.
Endut! Hoch hech!
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby nowonmai » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:46 am

el3so wrote:Saw a docu on a secret airfield in Laos but it's from 2009 or so. Mercenaries, dope, spooks, the works.

Moderated by a housewife I hope
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

no owl is forgotten

Postby el3so » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:13 pm

nowonmai wrote:Moderated by a housewife I hope
Even better, by an academic formally trained in ethics.
Endut! Hoch hech!
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Previous

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport