FUCK. YEAH.

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Re: FUCK. YEAH.

Postby Q » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:52 pm

vagabond wrote:The fanboys seem to be jizzing themselves over that Michone character but she's not really impressed me much. Being silent, black, and having a katana doesn't equal badass. It'd help if she were an actual character.

Yeah. She was cool for about 10 seconds, but the schtick is already old.

Glad they killed off Lori, the estrogen and drama was off the charts. Badass they had the kid do it.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby vagabond » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Q wrote:
vagabond wrote:The fanboys seem to be jizzing themselves over that Michone character but she's not really impressed me much. Being silent, black, and having a katana doesn't equal badass. It'd help if she were an actual character.

Yeah. She was cool for about 10 seconds, but the schtick is already old.

Glad they killed off Lori, the estrogen and drama was off the charts. Badass they had the kid do it.

Yeah - and those 10 seconds were in the last episode of last season.

Per the kid: It's interesting reading fan reactions bc, other than the mom, the kid was also one of the most hated characters for the past two seasons. I personally loathed every time he was on screen (that stands for most kid actors in most tv shows...Once Upon A Time). This season, bc they kept him quiet, I think they kept the hate down. I saw stated the other day that the creator of the comics and producer on the show said that the show really is about the kid so it seems like that is becoming more focused now, esp. w/ having him seeing terrible stuff (like, all in 5 min, his mom's vajayjay, helping dig a baby out of mom, then shooting her in the head).
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

weekly head-shot quota

Postby el3so » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Kinda underwhelmed by the comic TBH, kilroy, although I gotta admit I quit them quite early.
Crazy how much plot they're throwing out and things they're changing when they need to make it another nine but it seems they know where they want to go.
Maybe they hired new script-monkeys but they sure fixed the lack of pace from the second season. 's Been a while since I woke up early-ish on Mondays just to start downloading.
It'd help if she were an actual character.
Amen. Is it just me that wonders whatever happened to the father and his son from the series pilot?

I always enjoy watching Michael Rooker.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: weekly head-shot quota

Postby vagabond » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:17 pm

el3so wrote:Kinda underwhelmed by the comic TBH, kilroy, although I gotta admit I quit them quite early.
Crazy how much plot they're throwing out and things they're changing when they need to make it another nine but it seems they know where they want to go.
Maybe they hired new script-monkeys but they sure fixed the lack of pace from the second season. 's Been a while since I woke up early-ish on Mondays just to start downloading.

Well, there was a big change. Glen Mazzara took over showrunner duties from Darabont. He worked on The Shield for a long time and I think he's bringing some of the pacing and storytelling from that into this.

I always enjoy watching Michael Rooker.

Yes, always. That whole flirtation w/ him and Andrea ("Blondie") was icky.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby LechoZX » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:11 pm

The best part about Michone was the zombie pets but she offed them.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 pm

I'd like to see the father and son return as well. Of course they are probably the only smart ones and holed up back at Rick's sheriff station. Which brings us to one of many plot holes:

Why the fuck did the group walk around like retards for 8 months, looking for a safe place, when Rick new he had a station full of supplies, easy to defend, etc..etc..? Fuck, Georgia isn't that big.

I digress though...Daryl, Merle and the Guv are the only characters worth a shit.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby LechoZX » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:30 pm

I actually totally forgot about the Sheriff's station, so good point. You're talking about the father and son from the very first episode?

I have a feeling the Gov'nah might end up being a bad dude... what's with the heads in the aquarium?
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 pm

LechoZX wrote:I actually totally forgot about the Sheriff's station, so good point. You're talking about the father and son from the very first episode?

Yes. I never read the comic, so I don't know how they fit in. But, I'd like to see them back.

LechoZX wrote:I have a feeling the Gov'nah might end up being a bad dude... what's with the heads in the aquarium?

Meh....you gotta be a bad dude in situations like that. Shane was an overbearing bad dude. Rick is his opposite as a total beta feel good douche.

Merle, Daryl, Guv....they've all got a shady side, but it fits. I mean, barring getting to pick a squad of highly armed and horny as fuck babes to walk through the apocalypse with, that's who I'd want to roll with.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby gnaruki » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Three episodes to go. The phone call could make for a decent plot twist. Probably a call from some other government building but I can't imagine interactions with an outpost besides Woodbury happening soon.

Hopefully some of the group make contact with some people from Woodbury in the next episode. Too much time has been spent on Andrea in Woodbury without giving the governer much development. He is slightly deranged like most characters in a zombie apocalypse setting. Compared to what I have heard about him in the comics he's been mild so far.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Speculation has it that Michonne will be the connection b/w Woodbury and The Prison. I haven't read the comics, and prefer to be surprised by the series, so maybe it will happen. Curious to see what the 'experiment' mild-mannered creepy scientist guy is coming up w/.

The Andrea/Michonne storyline is still pretty boring w/ Merle and the Gov being the only interesting parts. Sure, shit is kinda weird around there Michonne, but so is being in a zombie apocalypse.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm just still glad that Lori is zombie chow. Kid is set to go full on retard.

Daryl still only one worth a shit.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby LechoZX » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Speaking that... Do Zombies eat bones? Because when Rick came in the room.. her body was completely gone.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 pm

LechoZX wrote:Speaking that... Do Zombies eat bones? Because when Rick came in the room.. her body was completely gone.

Excellent question. Usually you just see them rending flesh.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:36 am

LechoZX wrote:Speaking that... Do Zombies eat bones? Because when Rick came in the room.. her body was completely gone.

I'm not convinced she was in its belly. For your stated reason, and there is no way that bitch, especially concerned the size of her forehead alone, fit in the zombie belly.

I'm still waiting for her zombie to be found, but she's found some way to talk, and continue to be annoying. Hey, weirder shit has happened on tv.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...I can smell your bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnssssss. Why don't you love me any more? Oh, by the way, kill the asian kid. He looks goofy.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby vagabond » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:01 am

Leave Glenn alone. He's one of the few Asian characters on tv that gets dialogue and sleeps w/ a non-Asian. Better than poor T-Dawg, who we only got to know as a character after he died and was easily replaced by T-Two as "black guy that shuts the gates".

Daryl's the man though. Even in that scene where he was holding the baby he was like a warrior king raising up a new child in his kingdom. Kinda waiting for him to go out hunting w/ the baby slung into his poncho.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport