Fuckin Hollywood

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Fuckin Hollywood

Postby Rhah » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:39 pm

I just saw a trailer for LET ME IN

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228987/

Fuckin ruined, I'm sure, a great movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

WTF

I've had 10....no 11teen Rolling Rocks and it just pisses me off. Let's just remake a fuckin movie that hasn't even been out for 5 years.
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Re: Fuckin Hollywood

Postby Moosehead » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 am

The original is in Swedish, and subtitled for English. Reading for two hours isn't 'entertaining' for American audiences. Thus... remake
And all my promises are lies, all my love is hate
I am the politician, and I decide your fate
Motorhead - Orgasmatron
Moosehead
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Which is an utterly stupid assumption by the studios given the success of something like Slumdog which was in English and Hindi and had the assumed handicap of having foreign brown people in it vs it being about white folks. Also see the relative success of Pan's Labyrinth, Hero, Passion of the Christ (not foreign but in fuckin' Aramaic), Amelie, Crouching Tiger, or Life Is Beautiful. It's really about the story and I think it's ridiculous that the studios will waste money re-adapting recent films (such as Let The Right One In and Girl With A Dragon Tattoo) rather than trying to put some money behind distributing better the original works. I can't see the story of Let The Right One In working without the Swedish milieu, the silence of such a winter, and the time period but I've heard good things about Let Me In and might check it out to see if stands on its own merits.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Rhah » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:50 pm

vagabond wrote: It's really about the story and I think it's ridiculous that the studios will waste money re-adapting recent films (such as Let The Right One In and Girl With A Dragon Tattoo) rather than trying to put some money behind distributing better the original works. I can't see the story of Let The Right One In working without the Swedish milieu, the silence of such a winter, and the time period but I've heard good things about Let Me In and might check it out to see if stands on its own merits.

That's what I was trying to get at but was too loaded. Time will tell, I'm sure I will check out the remake.
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport