the most homerotic film ever made returns...

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

the most homerotic film ever made returns...

Postby lightstalker » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:18 pm

The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Re: the most homerotic film ever made returns...

Postby deselby » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:59 am

The original was made in 1986, Cruise will have to play a Navy Captain commanding a carrier or its air wing for it to be chronologically accurate. Maybe even a one star Rear Admiral.

Or he could play a broken bitter alcoholic passed-over Lieutenant Commander staff flunky on the verge of getting kicked out.

deselby
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 am

deselby wrote:The original was made in 1986, Cruise will have to play a Navy Captain commanding a carrier or its air wing for it to be chronologically accurate. Maybe even a one star Rear Admiral.

I thought it was a law that only Gene Hackman or Barry Corbin could play someone with scrambled eggs on his hat.
Or he could play a broken bitter alcoholic passed-over Lieutenant Commander staff flunky on the verge of getting kicked out.

Or he could play someone who jumped the couch and was on the verge of getting kicked out. Less acting.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby deselby » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:55 pm

ktrout wrote:
deselby wrote:The original was made in 1986, Cruise will have to play a Navy Captain commanding a carrier or its air wing for it to be chronologically accurate. Maybe even a one star Rear Admiral.

I thought it was a law that only Gene Hackman or Barry Corbin could play someone with scrambled eggs on his hat.

Yeah, it's a Hollywood rule that anyone who plays an admiral or general is at least ten years too old, preferably 20 or 30.

Hackman was 71 when he played an admiral in Behind Enemy Lines. He was 65 playing a Captain in Crimson Tide.

Scott Glenn is another perennial too-old casting.

The worst would be if they also brought Tom Skerritt (now 77) back as an active senior officer in the new Top Gun.
deselby
BFCus Regularus

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport