Talkin' 'bout The Big Lebowski

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Talkin' 'bout The Big Lebowski

Postby ktrout » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Finally got to see it, and on the silver screen, no less. Berkeley is such a shithole.
I didn't really "get it" at first, but it's starting to grow on me. I love how John Goodman's character is so fucking unhinged.
He's such a contrast to The Dude. The kind of guy I'd call only when I needed to have some mayhem committed.
Plus Steve Buscemi is probably my favorite character actor. Too bad he didn't have much of a role.
I'm starting to like the Nihilistic existentialist label. Maybe I should pick up some Dostoevsky, but he sounds a bit dark.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:40 pm

The best part IMO is the white russian
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby ktrout » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:23 pm

el3so wrote:The best part IMO is the white russian

Has to be with a joint, man.
I was into them for a while. I don't know where they get off calling Kahlua a coffee liqueur. Doesn't taste a thing like it to me. One of the other varieties of coffee liqueur with a bit of vodka does it for me. Or some Jameson's or Bushmill's for a little different flavor.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Re: Talkin' 'bout The Big Lebowski

Postby ktrout » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:33 am

Just looked at the soundtrack. There was so much good music in this movie but too little of it is on the disc. As one reviewer put it, where's the Credence, man?
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:49 pm

"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby Caliban » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm

eye to eye with the man in the black pygamas. That was a war.

I absolutely love allof the Coen brothers films but the big L is right at the top of my list with Raisning Arizona and Fargo.
Everytime I watch them scattering Donny's ashes at the beach I cry with laughter

The Dude presides

ktrout wrote:
el3so wrote:The best part IMO is the white russian

Or some Jameson's or Bushmill's for a little different flavor.

Forget the protestant whisky, its got to be Jamesons or nothin'
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby ktrout » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:08 am

marie-angelique wrote:surreal film. every dude:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnLweMNQoiE&feature=related

The dude abides. But his clips were a bit abrupt.
Fargo and Arizona were both awesome films. Son, you got a panty on your head!
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:17 am

Caliban wrote:Forget the protestant whisky, its got to be Jamesons or nothin'

Oh, but right now I have a 7&7 on the table in front of me and I let the bottle tip a little too much as it's the end of it. Wow.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:05 am

ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:03 pm

That has evoked in me my true vocation. As i have said many times here, upon retirement I intend to become a self financing vagrant. But now, as I enter the last 20 weeks of my five year wind down I realise that dudeism is the way forward....well, the way anyway. I am considering seriously taking the orders and becoming a dudeism priest. ktrout,you have opened my eyes ! My complete lack of ability to take any serious stuff seriouslyshouldhave pointed methere long ago, but hey...

Yesterday was my birthday - thanks again to all on here who sent best wishes- and so I spent the day doing nothing, (well,only if you consider lounging and playing red dead redemption on the xbox nothing- I found it quite stressful when they shot my horse about 3am this morning). My wife, when I pointed this out, wondered how many birthdays I actually have each year (smart arsed cow! ).

And so today, in response to her sarcasm , I have been sitting here for an hour or so wondering what to do with the rest of the afternoon, when in actual fact it was staring me in the face .so am now about to begin a coen brothers retrospective starting with the Big L and Raisning Arizona. My brain is not functioning high enough to cope with the complexity of A Simple plan but I might manage The man who wasn't there, followed in a kind of complexity balance by Oh brother whereart though? That should see me through to bed. I wonder if we have any Khalua in the bar? ...
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby ktrout » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Caliban wrote: ktrout,you have opened my eyes ! My complete lack of ability to take any serious stuff seriouslyshouldhave pointed methere long ago, but hey...

Then I must be a natural prophet. I think combining Dudeism and Church of the Subgenius we have a powerful message. Fuck it, dude! Go forth and slack!
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:48 pm

As the great sage George Carlin said: "It's the motivated people who cause all of the world's problems. Show me some prick who sits around watching game shows all day while stroking his penis and I'll show you someone who's not causing any fucking problems!"
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Caliban wrote:Forget the protestant whisky, its got to be Jamesons or nothin'

Yeah, you assholes won't even allow yourselves to be buried on the same side of the street.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby deselby » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:02 am

ktrout wrote:As the great sage George Carlin said: "It's the motivated people who cause all of the world's problems. Show me some prick who sits around watching game shows all day while stroking his penis and I'll show you someone who's not causing any fucking problems!"

O ya.

The Dude: God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?
deselby
BFCus Regularus

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport