Piers Morgan Tonight

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Piers Morgan Tonight

Postby Penta » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:29 pm

I gather Piers Morgan starts his replacement for Larry King tonight. I hope he makes a go of it. I've always had a soft spot for him, arrogant, insanely ambitious, rude as he is, though he is widely loathed here, I've never quite understood why.

Pity his show abbreviates as PMT.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Re: Piers Morgan Tonight

Postby AztecDave » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:12 am

There's absolutely no way Morgan can be any worse than Larry King. What was the big deal about Larry King? Well, he did seem to blow everybody that came on the show, maybe that's why he was so popular. Not to mention he is one of the strangest looking people ever on TV.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Piers Morgan

Postby el3so » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:39 pm

I still think Sean Connery is the best Bond ever.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Piers Morgan

Postby coldharvest » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:22 pm

el3so wrote:I still think Sean Connery is the best Bond ever.

That's not what Rodger Moore says.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Re: Piers Morgan

Postby Caliban » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:16 pm

el3so wrote:I still think Sean Connery is the best Bond ever.

Now thats funny.

I wish I'd said it...........and I probably will
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 pm

The fact that Larry King was employed at all has always baffled me. In America, the Brits can be jerks and get away with it for some reason. Some people view the accent as being "snobbish" no matter what accent it is so they enjoy being taunted by them because it gives them someone foreign yet familiar to hate...just the same way Brits hate Americans for being successful but not hate the Chinese for being more successful...because they cannot relate to the Chinese.

Anyway, I have no idea who Piers Morgan is but I am quite happy Larry King is gone. Ten years after the death of Larry King, people will say "He was really popular back in the day" but be confused as to why he was popular. They will be even more confused when they discover that he apparently was a major playboy as well.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Caliban » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Kurt wrote:In America, the Brits can be jerks and get away with it for some reason. Some people view the accent as being "snobbish" no matter what accent it is so they enjoy being taunted by them because it gives them someone foreign yet familiar to hate....

Its because you can hate us from the comfort of an arm chair without the effort of getting the translation dictionary from the bookshelf all the way across the room beyond the TV
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:31 am

Caliban wrote:
Kurt wrote:In America, the Brits can be jerks and get away with it for some reason. Some people view the accent as being "snobbish" no matter what accent it is so they enjoy being taunted by them because it gives them someone foreign yet familiar to hate....

Its because you can hate us from the comfort of an arm chair without the effort of getting the translation dictionary from the bookshelf all the way across the room beyond the TV

That was a hateful thing to say Caliban. And if I my feet had not been amputated from obesity related diabetes I would walk across the Mississippi River to England and kick your ass.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:11 am

Surely your Rascal floats?
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby LechoZX » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:25 am

Kurt wrote:In America, the Brits can be jerks and get away with it for some reason. Some people view the accent as being "snobbish" no matter what accent it is so they enjoy being taunted by them because it gives them someone foreign yet familiar to hate...

I sort of think Americans want our BritishTV imports to be elitist jerks as if that is how all British people act, just ask Simon Cowell and the chick from The Weakest Link.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:29 am

LechoZX wrote:I sort of think Americans want our BritishTV imports to be elitist jerks as if that is how all British people act, just ask Simon Cowell and the chick from The Weakest Link.

A large proportion of the middle class is just like that, even when they're trying to be nice or helpful they're still staggeringly condescending.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport