Movies I'll watch again

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby AztecDave » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 am

you all forgot "Ass Masters 5." har har.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
User avatar
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:26 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Pop: "All my life, I try to make a man out of my son. When he's little, we sit down together and watch a video! One of my favorites!"
Patricia: "Watership Down?"
Pop: "No, is called The Ass Master. It's German!"


I re-saw Downfall/Untergang. Still good.
This town's leadership doesn't understand that we can compromise with these savage, merciless bisexual rapist-killers.
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 7955
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby suwon fish » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:21 pm

el3so wrote:Pop: "All my life, I try to make a man out of my son. When he's little, we sit down together and watch a video! One of my favorites!"
Patricia: "Watership Down?"
Pop: "No, is called The Ass Master. It's German!"


League of gentlemen?
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
User avatar
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:05 am
Location: The Poor House

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:46 am

Once upon a time in West. Classic film making.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby coldharvest » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:48 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:Once upon a time in West. Classic film making.

Fonda's role as Frank is one of the best things ever.

When he shoots that dude and says of him;
"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants."

and the best response to "I only told you to scare them, Did you have to kill them all?"
"People scare better when they're dying."

In my Top 5.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
User avatar
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman
 
Posts: 25677
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:36 am
Location: Island of Misfit Toys

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby Rhah » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:44 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:Once upon a time in West. Classic film making.


Funny you mention that flick. I've been on a Sergio Leone kick lately.

Once Upon a Time in the West
Once Upon a Time in America
The Dollars "Trilogy"
Duck, You Sucker
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
User avatar
Rhah
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby shivers » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Rhah wrote:Duck, You Sucker


Leone's most underrated flick. Probably my favorite.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
User avatar
shivers
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:23 pm
Location: eating refried beans

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby HockeyGuy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:12 am

coldharvest wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:Once upon a time in West. Classic film making.

Fonda's role as Frank is one of the best things ever.

When he shoots that dude and says of him;
"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants."

and the best response to "I only told you to scare them, Did you have to kill them all?"
"People scare better when they're dying."

In my Top 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyvzfyqYm_s

Nothing is said, but yet so much is happening. It gives an all new meaning to "Silent movie."
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby HockeyGuy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:25 am

HockeyGuy wrote:
coldharvest wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:Once upon a time in West. Classic film making.

Fonda's role as Frank is one of the best things ever.

When he shoots that dude and says of him;
"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants."

and the best response to "I only told you to scare them, Did you have to kill them all?"
"People scare better when they're dying."

In my Top 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyvzfyqYm_s
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby HockeyGuy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:27 am

Rhah wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:Once upon a time in West. Classic film making.


Funny you mention that flick. I've been on a Sergio Leone kick lately.

Once Upon a Time in the West
Once Upon a Time in America
The Dollars "Trilogy"
Duck, You Sucker

I had to look for "Duck, you sucker"...I know it as something else. Thought you were pulling my leg...
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby Rhah » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:16 pm

shivers wrote:Leone's most underrated flick.


Very kick ass movie. I'm a huge Coburn fan as well.

HockeyGuy wrote:I had to look for "Duck, you sucker"...I know it as something else. Thought you were pulling my leg...


A Fistful of Dynamite?

I was looking up movie trivia after watching all the Leone movies. Supposedly Lee Van Cleef said he was faster than Eastwood on the draw (For a Few Dollars More). It took Van Cleef three frames of film to draw, cock and fire his revolver. 1/8 of one second!
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
User avatar
Rhah
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby ktrout » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 am

Maxine wrote:Lord of the Rings trilogy.

So-So. I was kind of thinking Volunteers could be the official movie of the BFC.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby coldharvest » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:08 am

I was looking up movie trivia after watching all the Leone movies. Supposedly Lee Van Cleef said he was faster than Eastwood on the draw (For a Few Dollars More). It took Van Cleef three frames of film to draw, cock and fire his revolver. 1/8 of one second!


....but Van Cleef blinks when he fires his gun, Eastwood doesn't.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
User avatar
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman
 
Posts: 25677
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:36 am
Location: Island of Misfit Toys

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby Caliban » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:15 pm

coldharvest wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:Once upon a time in West. Classic film making.

Fonda's role as Frank is one of the best things ever.

When he shoots that dude and says of him;
"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants."

and the best response to "I only told you to scare them, Did you have to kill them all?"
"People scare better when they're dying."

In my Top 5.


Any and most westerns work for me but yes that is right up near the top of my list too. Superb build up when the family have been shot and the shooters walk out of the brush with the sun behind them and the young boy stands watching them. Then you get the close up of the blue eyes of the leader of the killers. First time anyone sees it and then realises "Henry Fonda is the BAD GUY ? ! " superb.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
User avatar
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus
 
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:04 pm
Location: The "pool of life"

Re: Movies I'll watch again

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:58 am

oh.
excuse me.
westerns.
did someone mention 'Clint Eastwood'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvf8r3cX3vo&feature=related
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:45 am

PreviousNext

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest