The Town

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

The Town

Postby AztecDave » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:04 am

I was amazed how good this flick actually was. Ben Affleck, never known for his acting chops, actually pulls this off. And Jeremy Renner was great as his half wacko friend - is up for an Oscar.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Re: The Town

Postby deselby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:11 pm

AztecDave wrote:I was amazed how good this flick actually was. Ben Affleck, never known for his acting chops, actually pulls this off. And Jeremy Renner was great as his half wacko friend - is up for an Oscar.

Nice to root for the robbers once in awhile.
deselby
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:25 pm

I root for them most of the time.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Rhah » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:47 pm

deselby wrote:Nice to root for the robbers once in awhile.

Isn't that what Heat was about?
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:30 am

The chick in it has a jacked-up grill

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 pm

deselby wrote:
AztecDave wrote:I was amazed how good this flick actually was. Ben Affleck, never known for his acting chops, actually pulls this off. And Jeremy Renner was great as his half wacko friend - is up for an Oscar.

coldharvest wrote:I root for them most of the time.

When I was a kid we would sometimes play cops and robbers. Nobody ever wanted to be a cop.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby deselby » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Rhah wrote:
deselby wrote:Nice to root for the robbers once in awhile.

Isn't that what Heat was about?

Absolutely. The crazy thing about Heat is the last scene - McCauley (DeNiro) is on his way to the airport with his young girlfriend. He's got it made. Then, he takes a detour just to get revenge on human scum Waingro, and that's his downfall. You have to admire him for going after Waingro.
deselby
BFCus Regularus

Postby Rhah » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:27 pm

deselby wrote:You have to admire him for going after Waingro.

My friends and I have a little phrase for something that just screws your life up, "Fuckin Waingro!"

It always pisses me off that McCauley gets killed because of Waingro, but Waingro needed to go down so I accept it lol.

Heat is a much more polished version of a made for TV movie that Michael Mann did called LA Takedown. The whole story is based on a Chicago cop, Chuck Adamson, who was after a crew led by a guy named Neil McCauley. Adamson shot the real McCauley dead in the Chicago streets sometime in the 1960s.
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:24 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
deselby wrote:

coldharvest wrote:I root for them most of the time.

When I was a kid we would sometimes play cops and robbers. Nobody ever wanted to be a cop.

I did.

Wyatt Earp.

Still want to be Wyatt Earp.

But more like Rooster Coburn ie aging disgracefully, big beard, big gut, often drunk, eyesight fading but still pretty good in a tight spot.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:50 am

Caliban wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:When I was a kid we would sometimes play cops and robbers. Nobody ever wanted to be a cop.

I did.

Wyatt Earp.

But more like Rooster Coburn ie aging disgracefully, big beard, big gut, often drunk, eyesight fading but still pretty good in a tight spot.

Earp was a pimp and a gambler, not much of a cop really........oh, I see.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Caliban » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:43 am

coldharvest wrote:
Caliban wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:When I was a kid we would sometimes play cops and robbers. Nobody ever wanted to be a cop.

I did.

Wyatt Earp.

Earp was a pimp and a gambler, not much of a cop really........oh, I see.

Yeah, now you get it.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:47 am

Poor man's Departed.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport