NHL in Winnipeg?

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

NHL in Winnipeg?

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri May 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Awaiting a confirmation statement later today. Most likely the Atlanta Thrashers moving north....they could call us the Winnipeg Threshers and have a combine as a logo. This is yet another opportunity to state: FUCK THE LEAFS!!!
Sri Lanky

Re: NHL in Winnipeg?

Postby Chimborazo » Fri May 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Good, I hope they do move. Hockey teams from the south annoy me, even though I live in the south.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri May 20, 2011 9:17 pm

That's funny...NASCAR just happens to annoy the hell out of me.
Sri Lanky

Postby Chimborazo » Sun May 22, 2011 10:18 pm

No shit, it's annoying as hell. I hate when it's race weekend at RIR. Anyway, was the rumor confirmed?
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon May 23, 2011 12:17 am

Now it's not 'till Tuesday. Apparently they are hammering out a deal...trying to determine how much the league will get out of the transaction. Greedy fuckers. They have no idea how much damage they did to our economy with their "Southern strategy"...to make hockey more palatable to the US at the expense of smaller Canadian markets. It failed. Now our dollar is stronger than the US dollar and our economy is rolling along. What goes around comes around. That's all I've got to say.

It's still not a done deal yet however.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed May 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Still waiting but it's just a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue May 31, 2011 9:55 pm

Done deal.
Sri Lanky

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:21 am

Yep...heard that. Glad another hockey team is going where it belongs, not in fucking NASCAR country.
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Fuck the Leafs

At least now I can say it with an air of dignity.
Sri Lanky

Postby LechoZX » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Canada does deserve more teams because they actually care about the sport. Maybe another in Quebec again or Hamilton maybe. The only Southern teams that seem to be doing ok are Nashville, Tampa, and Carolina. I think Florida, Phoenix, Columbus, are probably screwed.

I love hockey as an American but I live in the north and root for an Original Six franchise. The only cities in the US that seem to care about hockey are the true northern cities like Boston, NY, Chicago, Detroit, Philly, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, etc. Interestingly the teams out west seem to be doing well like San Jose, Denver, Anaheim, LA.

Bottom line is hockey is probably only like the 8th most popular sport in the US if you count NASCAR, MMA, and NCAA Football and Basketball. Sad but true. It is #1 in Canada. The potential is there here in the States, and I think a lot more people would like hockey if they truly watched it and understood the game. It has all the things that Americans love, fast action, hitting, violence, scoring.

But Bettman is a clown who doesn't know how to market the league. He went for the fast money in the US back in the 90s but didn't realize that you need long term fan support in a city to sustain a franchise. There are so many talented players right now and the quality of play has never been better IMO, but Bettman still runs it like a backwater Canadian past time instead of a 21st century multi-billion dollar business like the NFL, MLB, and NBA. He is content to stick with shitty 3rd rate Versus network in the US to carry the games which half of the country doesn't get even if they have cable or satellite.

Interestingly I think the old Atlanta franchise has the most black players of any team in the NHL. They had like 5 or 6 last year. So they just went from one of the most black to least black cities in North America.
Image Image
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Fuck the Leafs

At least now I can say it with an air of dignity.

No you cant fire boy.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:12 pm

'67? 1967?

Alright,we'll spare you the taunting. You've suffered enough over the years. But I will not spare Toronto the city.

Fuck Toronto.
Sri Lanky

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:26 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:
Fuck Toronto.

Well said.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport