How can you *not* make Brokeback Mnt jokes?

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

How can you *not* make Brokeback Mnt jokes?

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:40 am

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/jake-g ... -wild.html

Jake Gyllenhaal and Bear Grylls Will Be Men vs. Wild

Jake Gyllenhaal will share an Icelandic snow cave with Bear Grylls on the premiere episode of this season's Man vs. Wild:

For two days, Bear and Jake embark on a survival experience neither will forget, to an Icelandic landscape dominated by mountains, huge glaciers and some of Europe's most active volcanoes. Jake will have to go where Bear goes, eat whatever Bear eats, and on occasion even take the lead, if he's going to cope with some of the worst conditions known to man. "For me, it's all about discovery," said Gyllenhaal.

Said Bear about the experience, "The wild is always very revealing - not only physically but mentally. You've got to smile when it's driving horizontal hail and be able to face your fears and just get on and do it -- and on both of those accounts, Jake came up strong."

The Belfast Telegraph adds:

Bear revealed: "A couple of weeks ago I took Jake Gyllenhaal, reportedly the fittest man in Hollywood, on a Born Survivor to Iceland. He said he wanted to to be pushed and afterwards said he'd never been pushed so hard.

He went on: "We had crazy conditions - sleeping in snow caves, huge river crossings and these torrential storms. I was a little bit nervous as I promised Jake's management team I would keep him alive, but he was brilliant.

"There's something magical about the raw emotion of fear and nerves. I think that's what people like about the show."

Given the methods available to stay warm in such situations, it should be a glorious episode.

The show premieres on July 11.

Hmmm....never got a boner from looking at two guys completely covered in winter clothing til now.

Posted by: Patrick | Jun 20, 2011 1:36:13 PM

I'm with Patrick, actually.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Re: How can you *not* make Brokeback Mnt jokes?

Postby Woodsman » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 pm

So Gyllenhall is going to stay at a 5 star hotel during the nights like Bear does. Hmmm....should be pretty used to that I suppose.

By the way 2 days isn't surviving...unless you're in the middle of a hurricane, war, walking through a mine field or other real risky situation.

Brokeback mountain indeed.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:52 pm

wonder who played the wife. i'd say Bear drew the short straw.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby zuluninja » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:13 pm

" He said he wanted to to be pushed and afterwards said he'd never been pushed so hard."

Pfffffffffft
zuluninja

Postby Mikethehack » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:04 pm

Because it will get you in trouble in Russia:

I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Chimborazo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:35 pm

zuluninja wrote:" He said he wanted to to be pushed and afterwards said he'd never been pushed so hard."

Pfffffffffft

ZING!
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Catlover1958 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Mikethehack wrote:Because it will get you in trouble in Russia:

True Scum!, and the same disease (or worse) that got FDR, will get Putin (via G-d). FDR created this monster (Putin), down 66+ years down the road.
Catlover1958
Un Mystic Meg

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport