Leafs 2011-2012

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Re: Leafs 2011-2012

Postby coldharvest » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:29 am

http://www.spenglercup.ch/spenglercup/en/
The Cup was first awarded in 1923 to the Oxford University Ice Hockey Club, composed of Canadian students.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby HockeyGuy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:11 pm

coldharvest wrote:http://www.spenglercup.ch/spenglercup/en/
The Cup was first awarded in 1923 to the Oxford University Ice Hockey Club, composed of Canadian students.

Interesting Cold.

In other news...Brian Burke extended Ron Wilson's contract. Not sure why...The fucker needs to get us in the playoffs before he's rewarded.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=383489
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:15 pm

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:30 pm

World Juniors...
http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/standings/

Canada is playing Denmark...

Canada's captain "Im shooting for a hat trick...what the hell a Gordie Howe hat trick too"...
Denmark's captain "OK guys...let's keep this under double digits"...
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:25 pm

Go Team Canada!
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:44 am

Jets 3
Maple Laughs 2
Sri Lanky

Postby HockeyGuy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:42 pm

coldharvest wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:
LechoZX wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382065

A new four conference set up for next season.

I like it, but why call it four conferences? Why not Division A + B Western Conference, Division C + D Eastern Conference. Just get rid of the playing each team in your division 8 times a year thing

I hear ya. Apparently, every team will play twice...one at home and one away. Further, within your "conference" you will play 6 times instead of 8.

Somebody had written that it should be aptly named the "Orr", "Gretzky", "Howe" and " Richard" conferences, which I like.

That would be a great idea

The realignment for NHL was blocked by the players union.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384427
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Bad for the Jets for the most part though if they stay in the East then they will continue to play Montreal and the Maple Laughs more often. At one time during the Jets previous tenure in Winnipeg there were probably more Canadiens fans due to the large French community here. Boston and Philly ( due to Fred Shero,Bobby Clark,and Reggie Leach) rank high here as well...but not the Maple Laughs.
Sri Lanky

Postby HockeyGuy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:45 am

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 am

Great hockey stories...

Brian Burke on his firing as Vancouver Canucks GM:

“I called my wife and told her I was headed to work to get canned. She said, ‘What will you do after that?’ I said, ‘Head to the liquor store.’ Why? ‘For the wake.’ . . . A wonderful hockey tradition — when you get turfed, your staff shows up at your house and sends you off in style. Dave Nonis, Steve Tambellini, Marc Crawford and all the coaches, front-office people and scouts in town — they all showed up at my house, and stayed into the wee hours. It was a fun night to end a sad day.”

Pat Quinn on salary disclosure: “I can remember when Tim Horton and I were roommates. We were in Boston and (Mike) Pelyk and (Pierre) Pilote were in the room next to us. It was an old hotel. . . . We could hear them talking . . . and (Pelyk) was inquiring to Pilote about what kind of money he was making. I could hear, and Pilote said, ‘Fifty thousand dollars.’ As soon as that happened, Horton was up out of bed, put his pants on — didn’t even bother with a shirt — went out looking for (Leafs GM) Punch (Imlach), was pounding on Punch’s door, going to beat it down because Punch had told him he was the top-paid guy on the team, and he was the best defenceman in the game at the time. . . . I think they were paying him $29,500 or something like that, so Horton was just livid, and that was the end of Punch and Tim.”

Glen Sather on the elements of success: “Circumstances have a lot to do with dictating what happens (for a GM). If we hadn’t got Gretzky out of the WHA when we did, you wouldn’t be wasting your day sitting here bulls----ing with me. How do you really know . . . whether a guy is qualified to be a GM in this league for a number of years, or why did he lose his job after two years? It is a lot deeper question than people have answers for.”

Bryan Murray on culture change: “Back in (the 1980s), the GMs had more fun. . . . They went for beers more often. They sat around the night before a GM meeting and had dinner together. . . . It seems today — and I’m talking like an old guy now — that we have people coming in at the last minute. We go to the meeting, and before the meeting is over, (GMs) have got their luggage and they’re heading out the door because they have an early flight to get out of there.”

Burke, on a 1993 GM meeting: “(Bob) Gainey (then the Minnesota GM) started giving it to Serge (Savard, then the GM of the Canadiens). . . . I remember Gary Bettman saying, ‘It looks like they’re going to fight. What are we going to do?’ I said, ‘We’re going to watch.’ I was actually looking forward to it. . . . (Gainey) felt Savard had overpaid one of his own players and (screwed) up the salary structure. To this day, I’m amazed they didn’t fight.”

Former Red Wings GM Jim Devellano on Keenan: “He’s a bad man, he downgrades people, he treats people like sh--. And that’s why he’s coached eight f---ing teams and managed four. Plain and f---ing simple. . . . He’s a jerk, Mike Keenan.”

Burke, on being a GM: “Is there a more important job on the team than the guy who puts the team together?”
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:15 am

It's official...the Toronto Maple Laughs have evolved into the Toronto Make Beliefs.
Sri Lanky

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:It's official...the Toronto Maple Laughs have evolved into the Toronto Make Beliefs.

And that's coming from the village idiot. Noble.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:20 pm

When Winnipeg got their team back everybody in the country was wondering when Toronto will finally get a team.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Well?
Sri Lanky

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:04 am

Sri Lanky wrote:Well?

Well what?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

PreviousNext

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport