Thrive the movie

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Thrive the movie

Postby Woodsman » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:36 am

I watched the movie "Thrive" last night. This is a documentary that came out November of last year. After watching it, I found it to be interesting, with it's mix of fact & fiction, and at the very least it is worthy of discussion. The movie includes some really hokey things such as UFOs, "free energy" machines, crop circles, and other idiotic nonsense - but on the more plausible sides, it goes on to explain the fractional reserve banking system, the interest of a few toward global domination, and other concepts worthy of thought and discussion. An interesting note is that it was made by a couple members of the Gamble family of Proctor & Gamble noteriety. Overall, I think everyone should see this movie for the plausible info it contains, even if you have to wade through the UFO, symbolism, and free energy nonsense. An interesting point of contradiction of the movie is it's pointing out the free energy devices, and toward the end of the movie it shows & promotes solar panels & other non-free energy devices. :). Anyway, I thought there was about 15-20 minutes of worthwhile info out of the 2 hours and 8 minutes feature length. The one thing I would suggest is trying to find the full length movie for free (it's out there), as you already "pay" for the potentially worthwhile info by watching the low-level entertainment of remedial symbolism nonsense and UFO crop circle crap. That's my basic review on the flick. If you've seen it before or watch it, please give your opinion about it - I'd like to hear your take.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Re: Thrive the movie

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:50 pm

That is interesting..."made by a couple members of the Gamble family of Proctor & Gamble noteriety."

It should come on this site shortly:
http://www.mustwatchfilms.com/documenta ... -category/
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:22 pm

They completely lost me at the crop circles thing. The scientific method would say if part of it is crap, then it's all crap.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Aren't crop circles simply a result of someone getting some in a field?
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Woodsman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 pm

ktrout wrote:They completely lost me at the crop circles thing. The scientific method would say if part of it is crap, then it's all crap.

Hmmm...I don't remember it saying that.

It is mostly crap though, so kinda close.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport