Ronnie Montrose: Suicide

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Ronnie Montrose: Suicide

Postby Royal » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Ronnie Montrose Death Confirmed As Suicide
Wednesday, April 11th 2012 11:00

Billboard reports that the San Mateo County Coroner's Office reported on 6 April that the 64-year-old died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, and the guitarist's family has since confirmed the circumstances of his death.

"By now, the devastating truth of Ronnie's death is public knowledge," reads a statement from Montrose's family on his official website. "We hope you can understand why we wanted to keep this news a private family matter for as long as possible. We can only hope that you will choose to celebrate Ronnie's life, and what his music meant to you, rather than mourn his passing. Ronnie would have wanted it that way. He loved being a guitarist, a composer, a producer, and a creator of magic. He fully understood his gifts, and yet he constantly pushed himself to evolve, improve, and make better music. He did this for himself, and he did this for you, because he adored and appreciated his fans. Please keep his energy, his joy, and his love in your hearts."

As well as battling a terrible illness towards the end of his life, Montrose apparently suffered from crippling clinical depression.
RIP Ronnie Montrose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk52nGxF-jc
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Re: Ronnie Montrose: Suicide

Postby nowonmai » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm

My two second read of this is that he had cancer which had returned. In these circs taking a gun to the head should hardly be called suicide, it should be called an orderly ending on his own terms. Never heard of him to be honest but hats off to him. No pun intended.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Some say that suicide is the coward's way out no matter the circumstance. Don't know what I'd do. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. One thing I do know,however,is that if I get a chance to choose a last meal...it would be Kraft Dinner.
Sri Lanky

Postby coldharvest » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:18 am

Sri Lanky wrote:I get a chance to choose a last meal...it would be Kraft Dinner.

you're beautiful
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby AztecDave » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:10 am

i would not call blowing your brains out suicide if your in the final stages of a terminal illness. The suffering must be incredible. Unless you've been there, shut up. I expect some idiot republican right to lifer (john mccain and rick santorum come to mind) to argue but they'd be wrong.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:28 pm

That's why I got the paperwork done. Injection makes less of a mess. Sorry for your loss Royal.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport