London Olympic Travesty 2012

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Re: London Olympic Travesty 2012

Postby coldharvest » Fri May 04, 2012 6:03 am

nowonmai wrote:Im alright jack

you need a rigorous self-examination
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Fri May 04, 2012 8:00 am

coldharvest wrote:
nowonmai wrote:Im alright jack

you need a rigorous self-examination

That was drunk me, I don't even know why I wrote that, it makes no sense.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rdkll » Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 am

the argies at least are showing some humor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbx-LCW2620
rdkll
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri May 04, 2012 8:47 am

rdkll wrote:the argies at least are showing some humor

It's really all they have left.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Mikethehack » Fri May 04, 2012 11:22 am

I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Kurt » Sat May 05, 2012 2:11 pm

I am sorry you folks got this thing but I have to gloat about it.

HAHAHHAHAHHAH!

I am soooooooo glad New York City did not get this. The mayor and other dwarfy dipshits wanted this event because they thought it would be even more posterity for them and more plaques for them for hobos to pee on when they were long gone. I swear if we could use stem cells to get politicians to play horned instruments with their cocks we would never have to endure their plans about what is "good for a city" because they would be playing Dixieland music 24/7 with their cocks, because that is the kind of weird crap these people like.

So this summer while you Londoners are suffering (except maybe Rickshaw will have a lot more business) I will be:

1. Commuting like any other day.

2. Not getting diverted by slack-jawed Chinese people spitting everywhere while trying to purchase pins for their ugly clothes.

Plus the Olympics are meant to put some crappy, unmemorable place on the map like Grenoble and Salt Lake City. London and New York do not need the Olympics. No one will ever say "Crap...I really want to see the Olympics but too bad its in London because I prefer to use London as my first transfer when flying to the great city of St. John's Bay in Nova Scotia or Truth or Consequences New Mexico" It was like both New York and London's elected representatives said "We need to be more like Salt Lake City" but luckily for me and sadly for you, London succeeded in being more like Salt Lake City...but with more tooth decay.

What was funny about it too is that your Olympics were fully willing to cater and suck up to every vile and corrupt third worlder who changed their necklace of human ears for a fitted Ed Hardy shirt and chartered a jet. But thanks to Gaddfi and Assad now at least your groveling to people whose most prized possession is a pyramid of human skulls and an armored Mercedes S class will be more discreet. Kuwaitis and Saudis will be asked to kindly not beat their servants in an obvious manner and Africans with diplomatic immunity will be sent a lovely note asking them to please not run over pedestrians and then get out and laugh about how they have diplomatic immunity and the shoeless person convulsing in the gutter can do little about it.

Anyway, only 80 something more days to go. I am sorry for you guys but man, better you than me.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby LechoZX » Tue May 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Daley wanted Chicago to get the 2016 Olympics in the worst way, and it's hilarious that they had a huge party planned expecting to win it, and ended up 4th out of 4 in the final voting. Even better is that failure led him not running for reelection.

But Kurt is right, the Olympics will only do good in places that need infrastructure. Chicago was just going to piss away a shit ton of money on "temporary stadiums". I suspect that the NYC plan was similar or maybe using the new Meadowlands. The rules for the Olympic facilities are such that not many existing stadiums can be utilized for the main events; which is a fucking waste. Hell, London is building a few new stadiums even though they have Wembley and others.

We're going to see more and more Olympics hosted in developing nations with money to burn - South America, Middle East, South Asia. The cities that seemed to benefit most from the Olympics were all in the process of gaining international significance, Tokyo in 1964, Mexico City 1968, Seoul 1988. Watch for Rio, Doha, maybe Bangkok, Mumbai, Baku...
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue May 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Los Angeles did it right in 1984 by having McDonald's pay for everything. NYC could have had "Ray's Famous Original Olympic Stadium" and London could have "Pizza Express Athletes Dormitory & Grill" or something. Chicago could have "Swimmeria Uno Deep Dish Style Swimming Pool" and slightly obese men with moustaches could do the commentary.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby LechoZX » Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

I think they have started to limit advertisement and naming rights around events and venues since then. When they had the hockey at GM Place in Vancouver, it became "Canada Place" and the boards and exterior were all decorated with generic looking murals.

The Illusion that they are amateur games when so much money is involved is a joke. Like the NCAA, stop pretending the athletes are some kind of innocent everyman who just do this for fun and just have corporations sponsor everything so they locals don't foot the bill.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Wed May 16, 2012 8:49 am

Woodsman wrote:Oh yeah and DURAN DURAN? SERIOUSLY? Was Boy George busy or something?

They will probably be forced at gunpoint to close with Rio as a nod to the next Olympics.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed May 16, 2012 11:43 am

Ah fuck...now I have that song in my head.
Sri Lanky

Previous

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport