Euro 2012

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Re: Euro 2012

Postby vagabond » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:15 am

Well...I'm not going to lose any sleep over it:

Fan dies after 11 nights without sleep

A Chinese football fan died at his home after going 11 nights without sleep as he watched every single European Championship match from Poland-Ukraine.

Jiang Xiaoshan died from exhaustion June 19, after reportedly staying up every night to watch the Euros with his friends.

After watching Italy defeat the Republic of Ireland, the 26-year-old fan went back to his home in Changsha, took a shower and fell asleep. Xiaoshan never woke up.

Sources claim that the combined effects of alcohol, tobacco and sleep deprivation were to blame for his untimely death. Xiaoshan’s friends were left shocked after learning of his death, stating that he lived a “relatively healthy life.”

It is not the first time fans have suffered health issues watching international tournaments from different time zones. Several people were admitted to hospitals during the World Cup tournaments in 2006 and 2010 due to exhaustion.

Because of the time difference, all the European Championship matches are played in the middle of the night in China.

link
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Wow!!

Spain put it in fifth gear today.
Sri Lanky

Postby Detroit_Pierogi » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Italy did quite a big of falling down when in close proximity to Spanish players. Probably due to poor cleat selection.

I'd like to see an additional line added to stats kept: Number of times hitting the deck.

I was happy to see that Spain managed to stand up nearly the entire time. They have gotten a lot better at it since the World Cup.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Detroit_Pierogi
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport