Book Recommendations?

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Book Recommendations?

Postby Freyja » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Hey all,

I was just wondering if you had any recommendations for books about espionage, intelligence, etc. I've already read most of John le Carre's books, so don't bother commenting those :)

PS- I'm 14, so please make sure the books are appropriate (no sexual content).
Ain't nobody got time for that
Freyja

Re: Book Recommendations?

Postby St John Smythe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Go for the original and the best. Sidney Reilly.
Ace of Spies: The True Story of Sidney Reilly - Andrew Cook
St John Smythe
BFCus Regularus

Postby bfcadmin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:11 am

Freyja wrote:PS- I'm 14, so please make sure the books are appropriate (no sexual content).

OK so I'm assuming you are a 14 year old girl.....

14 is the minimum age to register on the forum. Prior to 14 you need parental permission to register on the forum.

Personally I have always thought that 14 was too young but as the forum is based in North American those are the rules (if it was based in Europe it would have a 16 limit).

Either you are old enough to cope with the adult content on the forum or you are not. The forum content includes violence, sexual content and a whole range of topics which based on your comments above you are going to feel uncomfortable with. The forum content is not going to change in order to accommodate you and so you need to consider whether you want to continue your involvement in the forum.

The forum is full of some very nice people, some nice people and some people who you wouldn't want to meet for coffee in Starbucks let alone down a dark alley at midnight (no offence folks).

And so - as it hasn't made it onto your curriculum to date (or you slept though it) some online safety advice:

http://www.opp.ca/ecms/files/250363929.2.pdf
I am Kurt again.
bfcadmin
Site Admin

Postby coldharvest » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:28 pm

bfcadmin wrote:Personally I have always thought that 14 was too young

Well then, it's a good thing you weren't in mind when the site was built.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Who are the Flaggers that you would not want to meet on a dark alley?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Dr. V » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:55 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Who are the Flaggers that you would not want to meet on a dark alley?

Ummmm, where to start.....

Ninja Kurt on a bit of a bender with all sharp knives he uses for cooking would probably be a bad idea unless you want star in his dodgy circus act

And I'd put money on that St John chap we have just acquired being a bit of a perv after a few stiff drinks.

Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby el3so » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:12 pm

bfcadmin wrote: 14 year old girl

I decided to avoid the whole legal mumbo-jumbo and put her on ignore. Nothing personal kid.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Freyja » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:50 pm

el3so wrote:

I decided to avoid the whole legal mumbo-jumbo and put her on ignore. Nothing personal kid.

Yeah, its fine :)
Freyja

Re: Re:

Postby coldharvest » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:05 am

Freyja wrote:
el3so wrote:

Yeah, its fine :)

Back on topic;

Marcus Aurelius - The Meditations
Thomas Jefferson - The Jefferson Bible
Kahlil Gibran - The Prophet
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:32 am

I remember Nick, the last teen we had on here. I think he went on to be a jurno in Hati. If we can have a PHD doctor of BFC surely we can have an apprintice or two.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Freyja » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:25 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:I remember Nick, the last teen we had on here. I think he went on to be a jurno in Hati. If we can have a PHD doctor of BFC surely we can have an apprintice or two.

That's pretty cool. I don't really want to be a journalist, but I'm sure I could be a so-called "apprentice" to someone.
Freyja

Postby Zero » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:02 am

Freyja wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:I remember Nick, the last teen we had on here. I think he went on to be a jurno in Hati. If we can have a PHD doctor of BFC surely we can have an apprintice or two.

That's pretty cool. I don't really want to be a journalist, but I'm sure I could be a so-called "apprentice" to someone.

I'm gonna touch this. For obvious reasons, nobody else did. Posting comments suggesting an interest in some sort of "thing in quote marks that could be easily misconstrued" like this will make people think you're either a pissed off milfblogger, FBI agent, or a very silly little girl.

I feel like people posting in this thread would like this: https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for- ... cle06.html

Try these, in this order, and don't spoil them with wikipedia/amazon reviews/whatever the fuck you kids do to avoid books, actually fucking read them:
Emma by Jane Austen
The Power Broker by Robert Caro
Zero
Salva Nos

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport