Beatles Best Era?

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:05 pm

Nowhere Man.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Kurt » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:34 pm

When I was a kid I used to love the song Yellow Submarine and Octopus's Garden. Ringo was a natural for singing kids songs.

Now that I am wayyyy too far into adulthood for my taste, I like Ringo's songs again, but now I realise that the rest of the Beatles were just so high that they figured they could have Ringo sing about what was on his mind and then all giggle furiously.

Not only did they have Ringo sing, they made a cartoon movie about one of Ringos songs...that is pretty damn high.

I like the White Album, except I HATE Obli-Di-blah blah and "Revolution 9" so I can easily understand how people dislike it. After those two songs the worst is "My Bonnie".

I tend to like Revolver and Sgt. Peppers the best, But I like George Harrison's solo stuff with the Beatles. (to check out what they would have sounded like without George and Ringo check out "Ballad of John and Yoko" Suck city by McCartny and Lennon alone)

I like Yoko ..she seems cool.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby need mine back » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:33 pm

Jimbo wrote:Dylan turned the Beatles on to marajuana-

Dr. Robert
need mine back

Postby need mine back » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:37 pm

Abbey Road is one of the most incredible albums ever made. Revolver is my second choice. BTW, Rolling Stone came out with the top 500 songs of all time, the Beatles have the most listed followed by the Stones and Dylan
need mine back

Previous

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport