Blacker than usual friday: Meet Eugene & William Regal

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Blacker than usual friday: Meet Eugene & William Regal

Postby Lunatock » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:08 pm

Ahh what a day and what luck for us local WWE fans, until this stinker...stunk.

Starting off, a wonderful bike commute through black friday traffic that almost got myself rear ended trying to go around a pile of branches someone placed near a curb.

Apon arriving at the car dealership that was offering the chance to meet Regal & Eugene, I did a quick check for any signs that would of indicated money would be required to get an autograph. And as this all played out...it's surprising that a small fee this close to the holidays wasn't needed.

So it's was out of the goodness of the WWE's heart that they did this. I stashed my bike a little out of the way, and got in line for what would be a long wait, and some quality freezing my ass off since the line moved at a crawl & I was standing around in a tee shirt & jeans, and keeping my bike helmet on to keep the top of my head warm. Along the way a pop quiz or two was offered to a few fans. I had to bite my tongue to keep from stealing the prize from a woman a few spaces ahead of me. After she was asked who Randy Orton's father is.

And just when the line was almost out of my way, twenty people or so. A kid that was part of the small group lined up behind me said they closed the doors, ahead of the 3:00-5:00 schedule. "It's not five o'clock yet!" from her. And I had to add a "too weak!" to that after overhearing that there'd be no autographs for us!

Thus my plan turned into a plan b. Two frames left on the film in my camera. A pic of Eugene and/or Regal shouldn't be a problem, right? Apparently not, but the best spot to snap the last two frames was. After asking that my spot be saved by the woman in front of me, set up position in front of and off to the side of the Limo waiting to take them to Hershey. One of the WWE bodyguards sprinted out and asked us to move, since tht two spectators and myself waiting for a good shot would of encouraged other people to congregate in front of the limo, and would of blocked it. The kids ran off somewhere back to the crowd. At this point my annoyance couldn't possibly have been overlooked. I walked away and commented on how I felt everyone was being treated at this unfortunate stinker.

Back in line, not about to lose my spot as well, as meaningless as it was. A lady behind me was giving me a cold stare, butting back into my spot & all. I thanked the lady in front of me for keeping my spot, and waited to get the last two pics from a much worse spot. Eventually Eugene & Regal came out to sign a few last autographs on the way to the limo. Snapped an iffy pic of Eugene, after having to hold the camera up to clear the crowd blocking the shot, and after William Regal came out I sniped one last photo of both Wrestlers, after waiting a moment for Eugene to move out from behind the fans crowding the crime scene tape.

And while they were pre-occupied with signing photos away from the limo, I attempted to get close enough to the tape to extend my arm with the book I wanted signed. Mick Foley's book, Have A Nice Day, due to not having anything better to get signed. And with the book hel out, close enough for Eugene to reach out, sign it, and hand it back. He gave the kids in front of me some autos, and went right by. Happy? no, but after that I wasn't feeling like I was standing in a meat locker anymore. They both got in the limo and left. I just about did the same when I remembered the rafel tickets everyone got. So what the hell?, back I went. Turns out they called my number as the second one. After double checking the number with the girl that was calling the numbers. In I went to the car dealership office, a bodygaurd watching the door stopped me just inside the entrance. Apparently I didn't need to follow the lady handing out winning tickets quite as far as I would have. So I'll be damned, was handed two tickets to see the WWE live in Hershey last night. On the way out I was told "congratulations" by a man inside the door I could swear is an actor that has appeared on two eps of the now cancelled show angel. T'was a pity I used the second to last shot on the roll of film to get the iffy pic of Eugene.

And off I went to get home afsafp. Thinking the entire event wasn't such a horrible experience after all. Apon getting there the perfect ending, and the joy of finding out eventually that there was no way to get to the fucking show, depsite trying basically everthing I could to get to the show. Had I known that was going to happen, I would of just gave the tickets to someone else there. Someone else enjoying the show would of been better than leaving them on my desk, in all their useless glory.

The meet & greet with a few WWE superstars is over. Now onto something else that is also supposed to bring joy & happiness. And of course last night SERE School would of seemed like Paradise...
Lunatock
Obarrg

Postby mach1 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:13 pm

Angel? Jessica Alba is here in Vancouver btw.
Only one of a few shows being shot here. Some
say its merely seasonal others say its the strong
Canadian dollar. In any case, the industry is busy
brainstorming to find
ways to bring production back. Big open secret:
Harrison Ford is slotted to be here in January.

I
wonder if I could find out about Fred Cuny?

----

We should make this the autograph seekers thread. Two
stories here to tell..

This reminded me of one particular incident where Sir
Edmund Hillary
was in town for a Tilley Endurables Hat promo<---(kidding)...
but

people were lined up around the block quite literally..
and the
store he was appearing in was packed like a sardine
can...

ha..and I thought -I- would be one of the few ppl who
held the man in esteem and admiration somewhat, or
at least I didnt expect a huge circus..

it was getting mob like for a while after he came out..
and he was
getting a little crowded in on...his bodyguard sure looked
like the type
to have his wits about him..a guy to have on your team

I admit I was a little reserved..I didnt want to appear
fawning...my
respect for his space was probably re-interpreted
as shyness...

in any case I was standing right next to him and
didnt even shove
my brand new deer skinned notepad with pen in
front of him to sign..

I let other people get theirs in...harrrumph. Maybe
I was a little embarassed..me? Seeking a autograph
from a mountain climbing....celebrity? Hmm.

The other one is Will Smith...

For one brief shining day in my life I was cloaked
as a papprazzi..I borrowed a friends 35mm Minolta
with zoom and wanted a few shots
of Mr Smith on the set of 'I,Robot'

for my first experience as a wanna be photo for
Star/Enquirer magazine
it wasnt good ..I justified my hounding by telling
my self..."I need the money"

But those union bodyguards dont fool around. I
like Will Smith and
he looked like a hell of a nice down to earth
guy when I spotted him on a break in another
part of our suburbia, chatting with the extras it appears..

but it was a great lesson for me on how highly
paid movie actors
go about their work. Work is what it is. Good
learning expereince for me I msut say.
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

Postby Lunatock » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:39 pm

"Angel? Jessica Alba?"

David Boreanaz. And your saying Dark Angel was filmed there, or is being filmed in your area? Amy Dumas (Lita) contorting herself seemed to be the show's death knell....and they even showed that happening in the last episode.

Harrison Ford's movie Witness was filmed not too far from here.

And I've had the occasional celebrity meeting aside from that little WWE part-ay. My life's convoluted like that. Chechen's one day, watered down nazi's the next, some form of Military, and then some famous person.
Lunatock
Obarrg

Postby mach1 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:43 am

Both. Dark Angel was shot in Vancouver

and 'Fantastic Four' is shooting right now starring Jessica Alba.

I don't think she's that hot, mind you I realize my opinion
is worth about as much as a gay hairdressers'.

Mark Brunettes new movie "World Frequency' was shooting here
a while ago. Ho-hum.
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport