Guns and the incoming Attorney General

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Guns and the incoming Attorney General

Postby Tarkan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:17 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Holder#Career

While the D.C. v. Heller Supreme Court case was being decided in 2008, Holder joined the Reno-led amicus brief, which urged the Supreme Court to uphold the handgun ban and claimed that the Department of Justice from Franklin Roosevelt through Bill Clinton had always believed that the Second Amendment does not protect any rights of individuals to own guns for personal use.[22] Holder said that overturning the 1976 law "opens the door to more people having more access to guns and putting guns on the streets."[23]

Ah, I missed the good old days of the Clinton administration never knowing what right I was going to lose next.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Re: Guns and the incoming Attorney General

Postby Ultra Swain » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:32 pm

As the index page subtitle suggests - this forum is a non-political discussion platform for Black Flaggers interested in guns and weapons, any attempt at politicising the forum with debate about gun laws and moral issues surrounding gun use will be addressed by the moderators

Please feel free to post your views on the rights and wrongs of weapons and their usage on the main or opinions forum

Thank you and happy shooting
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:42 pm

There is some concern over the recycling of Clintonites in general....personally I was hoping this would truly be the start of a new era.
Sri Lanky

Postby Tarkan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:37 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:There is some concern over the recycling of Clintonites in general....personally I was hoping this would truly be the start of a new era.

You know what they say, start putting bullshit in one hand and hope and change in the other, and see which one fills up faster. All you suckas got taken for a ride.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:20 pm

Rahm Emanuel, Good Friend of Common Sense Gun Laws
New Chief of Staff for the Obama White House Helped Pass Brady Bill
Dear Ignacio,

I was so excited when I heard that Rahm Emanuel was going to be the Chief of Staff in the Obama White House.
Jim and I know Rahm from when we worked closely with him to pass the Brady bill.
As our "go to" guy, we saw a man with integrity and dedication, who cared deeply about the cop on the street and those who were victims of gun violence.
We honored Rahm with the Sarah Brady Visionary Award in 2007 in Washington, D.C. Click here to listen to Rahm's inspiring words.
You can see that he has consistently and vocally supported strengthening Brady criminal background checks, banning military-style assault weapons, strengthening law enforcement, and closing the "Terror Gap."
We look ahead with great optimism. I know that as we move ahead, I can count on your ongoing support.
It’s incredibly inspiring to have people like you and like Rahm Emanuel standing with us, who believe we can pass sensible gun laws to keep dangerous guns out of the hands of dangerous people to protect you, your family, and your community.
We don’t want to waste a moment in moving ahead with our life-saving work. Please give a generous gift today to the Brady Campaign. Thank you.
Sincerely,

Sarah Brady, Chair

If this e-mail was forwarded to you, click here to sign up for your own Brady Campaign alerts.
Donate to Support the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
You can also mail a check to:
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
1225 Eye Street NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
Click here to update your e-mail preferences.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe