Where are all the rifles and ammo?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Where are all the rifles and ammo?

Postby Chimborazo » Wed May 27, 2009 8:47 pm

19 D 20 wrote:That's why I said in most states.

So he can go to Europe and legally buy a select fire weapon ?

I didn't think you could buy them in any state unless you are a Class III FFL.

As for Europe, I don't think so. I think in Finland you must be a citizen, but I really don't know any of the details.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Wed May 27, 2009 11:26 pm

You can buy fullauto/ class III weapons(in most states) a number of different ways without a license. You only need a license if you engage in the "business" of selling firearms (excluding C&R's).
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Chimborazo » Thu May 28, 2009 2:34 pm

I thought NFA prohibited post '86 firearms.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby docwatson » Thu May 28, 2009 5:48 pm

You can't buy anything full auto that's made after '86 but anything made before is fair game.

Due to some other stuff - such as Heller and the fact that you can no longer even register a pre-86 full auto - there is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Unfortunately with Newyorican Reichsmotter Sotomayor, I don't see any hope of that challenge being successful. the vote was 5-4 last time and I don't see it getting better with a clearly activist, pro-communist, anti-American, anti-Constitution judge on the bench.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life" - Robert A. Heinlein

docwatson
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe