The Wisdom of Ann Coulter

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby kilroy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:22 pm

Why? Do you HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Maureen Dowd? Or Michael Moore? Or Paul Krugman? Or how about Kos?

yeah, pretty much.

i do think some of those quotes were out of context and some were jokes. however, i still wouldnt care if she died in a ditch. dumbass ho.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:42 pm

Saw her last weekend on dutch tv, couldn't be bothered about what she said, some book she was trying to sell I guess. Another nice gimick imported from the USA: famous folks promoting their merchandising dressed up into "talkshows"

Tried to come on a little to the presentor, got pretty funny 'cause he started a sentence with "now that you are 40 years old..." to which that woman kept replying "no, no, I am 24 years old" More like 42 years old, that's 6 dog years: the hands are always the give-away. Numeric dyslexia huh?
Presentor didn't finish his question.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Captain_Solo » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:07 pm

Tarkan wrote:
patriot wrote:I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that bitch!!!

Why? Do you HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Maureen Dowd? Or Michael Moore? Or Paul Krugman? Or how about Kos? Or is your hatred limited to only right wing ideologues?

I don't like Maureen Dowd, I can't say I've read to much of her writings put I've seen her interviewed on several occasions and found her to be something a self-absorbed person. I just didn't like her, there is just something not right about her. As for Michael Moore, my main problem with more is his becoming a Democrat-hack (like Al Franken). Instead of trying to put the truth out there, he trys to twist it to suit the Democrats agenda. He has become to partisian. Paul Krugman is an intelligent man that I much enjoy reading and agree with alot of the time, but as Dim pointed out he can get redudient often. Kos, not familiar with this individual.

But Ann Coulter is worse then any of the forementioned indivuals. She is just an outright liar and a hateful right-wing nutecase. She is only famous because the right-wing wanted a woman to parade around just so people didn't get the thought they were male-dominated. I see that bitch on the Hannity and Colmes Show alot and all she does is go on and on about how Democrats are crypto-Marxists and traitors (of course the ever predictable Sean Hannity joins right in). Ann Coulter is just the female version of right-wing fascist fanatics like Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh, but with nicer legs. She doesn't ever say anything intelligent or truthful, but just peddles the usual outragous garbage, but without Limbaugh's chubby swine-like face.
Captain_Solo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:40 pm

Dim wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
patriot wrote:I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that bitch!!!

Why? Do you HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Maureen Dowd? Or Michael Moore? Or Paul Krugman? Or how about Kos? Or is your hatred limited to only right wing ideologues?

Although I often agree with Krugmans ideology, and I think he writes pretty well, he does write essentially the same thing every week. Kos is essentially just a point man for the democrats, as is Atrios. I used to read Billmon on a daily basis but he's thrown in the towel. I have no idea who Maureen Dowd is.

I have to say, a lot of the left wing bloggers lost credibilty points with me over the whole CBS forgery scandal - they were all bleating that the documents were real (or forgeries, but BASED on real documents) long after even I admitted they were false. Now they're blaming the whole thing on Karl Rove.

Michael Moore I'm somewhat ambiguous about - I think that as long as you're holding him to the standards of a comedian, not a journalist, you're okay.

He inhabits the same twilight zone that Rush Limbaugh and Coulter do - they lie outrageously, and then when confronted with their falsehood claim they were just kidding and keep on repeating the lie. Rush is by far the worst offender when it comes to this, but for some reason Moore and Coulter come under heavier fire for it.

Dowd is an editorialist for the NYT. Writes in a schreeching style similar to Coulter's, but without as much polish or logic.

Rush gets a pass where Moore and Coulter do not because a lot of Rush's stuff is obviously a schtick. And in a backhanded way, he doesn't demean his ideological foes the way Moore and Coulter do. This, for example, is Michael Moore on small businesses: "Fuck all these small businesses - fuck 'em all! Bring in the chains. The small businesspeople are the rednecks that run the town and suppress the people. Fuck 'em all. That's how I feel." He may get a few people to nod their head in agreement when he says stuff like this, but he more than likely pisses off even more people.

The thing that is interesting about Coulter is that the left has had people like her for a long, long time. Vicious attacks on Bush, for example, were taking place long before the Iraq war, September 11th, or even the Florida election controversy. For the left of course, making vicious, baseless, personal attacks on figures of the right is ok, but return volleys are strictly verboten. Like the Protest Warrior Sign said: "Free speech for leftists! Now shut up you Republicans!". There really is only one Ann Coulter but the left has literally dozens of people like her.

Now, I like Ann. I think she's over the top a lot of the time, but she's great on live TV debating someone. Her going at it with Sharpton on Hannity and Colmes a while back was classic. She had the guts to bring up Tawana Bradley (do a google on it), which no one in the mainstream US press had really confronted Sharpton on as far as I know.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:55 pm

Captain_Solo wrote:But Ann Coulter is worse then any of the forementioned indivuals. She is just an outright liar and a hateful right-wing nutecase.

Ok, lets stop there for a minute, and say we accept what you (and others) are claiming at face value: she is an outright liar and a hateful right-wing nutcase.

Now, is she worse because:
she's a liar
or
she's hateful
or
she's a nutcase
or
she's right wing.

I humbly submit that it's the last one that drives a lot people's animosity towards her.

Michael Moore, for example, is a liar, hateful, and a nutcase. But he's left wing, so he's "not as bad".

Maureen Dowd, for example, is a liar, hateful, and a nutcase. But she's left wing, so she's "nod as bad".

Kos, aka Markos Moulitsas Zúniga, is a liar, hateful, and a nutcase. But he's left wing, so he's "not as bad".

Whatever you might think about Coulter, she has pretty strong credentials. Graduated from Cornell, got a law degree from U of Michigan Law School. Was an attorney for the DOJ, and "practiced law with the Center For Individual Rights, a public interest law firm dedicated to the defense of individual rights with particular emphasis on civil rights, freedom of speech and the free exercise of religion".

Hardly the fire breathing demon she's made out to be. Except, she's made the one unpardonable sin: she's criticized the left. Lying, being hateful, or being a nutcase (see Al Gore)...all forgivable, as long as you sit on the left side of the fence.

The blatant, persistent hypocrisy of the left still astounds me.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aegis » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:04 pm

As a conservative who dislikes Coulter as much as any of the affore mentioned douches, I humbly submit that her credentials in fact make her MORE culpable for her statements than the others.

It proves she isn't an idiot, she went to a respected university, a respected lawschool, and she is billed as an expert on Constitutional law. When a woman with those professional credentials makes a statement to the effect of "Joseph Mc Carthy was a great American patriot," she should be held accountable to a greater degree than an individual who lacks that training and experience. She is supposed to know better.
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Location: The dark heart of "Red" Oregon... or I guess its "Blue" Oregon now.

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:22 pm

People like Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity are hilarious. Their goal is never to actually win the debate itself, but instead expose their opponent as the big, bleeding-heart liberal that he/she is. There's no reason to keep watching or listening. Once you've seen their act once, you've seen all they have to offer.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby coolio » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:36 pm

Tarkan wrote:The thing that is interesting about Coulter is that the left has had people like her for a long, long time. Vicious attacks on Bush, for example, were taking place long before the Iraq war, September 11th, or even the Florida election controversy. For the left of course, making vicious, baseless, personal attacks on figures of the right is ok, but return volleys are strictly verboten. Like the Protest Warrior Sign said: "Free speech for leftists! Now shut up you Republicans!". There really is only one Ann Coulter but the left has literally dozens of people like her.

What the fuck are you talking about? We're you alive during the Clinton administration? Did you ever actually watch an episode of the Rush Limbaugh Show? The right has owned the blowhog pundit circuit for years and it wasn't until fairly recently the the Al Frankens, Dowds, et al. came out of the woodwork.
coolio

Postby Tarkan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:07 pm

coolio wrote:
Tarkan wrote:The thing that is interesting about Coulter is that the left has had people like her for a long, long time. Vicious attacks on Bush, for example, were taking place long before the Iraq war, September 11th, or even the Florida election controversy. For the left of course, making vicious, baseless, personal attacks on figures of the right is ok, but return volleys are strictly verboten. Like the Protest Warrior Sign said: "Free speech for leftists! Now shut up you Republicans!". There really is only one Ann Coulter but the left has literally dozens of people like her.

What the fuck are you talking about? We're you alive during the Clinton administration? Did you ever actually watch an episode of the Rush Limbaugh Show? The right has owned the blowhog pundit circuit for years and it wasn't until fairly recently the the Al Frankens, Dowds, et al. came out of the woodwork.

Maureen Dowd writes for the New York Times, ie, the "Grey Old Lady", ie, the world's most influential newspaper. She's written for the paper since 1983. She's been an editor since 1995. In otherwords, she isn't some rightwing blowhard relegated to talk radio, she is a leftwing blowhard with one of the most powerful print mediums at her command and has been in that position for a long, long time.

Dan Rather, every bit as biased as Rush Limbaugh, has been THE anchor at CBS since 1981.

Stop hitting that crack pipe and start educating yourself homey. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Edited to add: I'm proud of you Coolio, you've graduated from one sentence posts to three sentence posts. There is hope for you and your attempts at literacy yet.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby coolio » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:18 pm

Tarkan wrote:
coolio wrote:

Maureen Dowd writes for the New York Times, ie, the "Grey Old Lady", ie, the world's most influential newspaper. She's written for the paper since 1983. She's been an editor since 1995. In otherwords, she isn't some rightwing blowhard relegated to talk radio, she is a leftwing blowhard with one of the most powerful print mediums at her command and has been in that position for a long, long time.

Dan Rather, every bit as biased as Rush Limbaugh, has been THE anchor at CBS since 1981.

Stop hitting that crack pipe and start educating yourself homey. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Edited to add: I'm proud of you Coolio, you've graduated from one sentence posts to three sentence posts. There is hope for you and your attempts at literacy yet.

Pointing out how full of shit you are typically doesn't require more than one sentence.
coolio

Postby Dim » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:35 pm

There's a difference between Rush and real journalists: Rather and NYT journalists, while partisan are expected to maintain certain standards - if they don't then they lose thier credibilty. Rather is a dead weight around CBS's neck now - he can't break any more political stories because of his fuck-up over the forged TANG documents. (I suspect the only reason he hasn't been sacked is because he's threatened litigation.)

Rush, on the other hand makes up reality as he goes along. A couple of his claims:

Nicotine isn't addictive.
There is no hole in the ozone layer.
Dioxin isn't harmfull.
Condoms don't protect people from AIDS.
Woman with large breasts have low IQs.

And on it goes . . .
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:53 pm

Hmmmm.....

"Large breast and low IQ's."

Can't you see the ears popping up everywhere when they hear that statement?
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:57 pm

coolio wrote:Pointing out how full of shit you are typically doesn't require more than one sentence.

You mispelled "claiming". It's not spelled with a p.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bobby Sands » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:00 pm

goat balls wrote:Hmmmm.....

"Large breast and low IQ's."

Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby goat balls » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:18 pm

Allright Bobby...I'll bite. Who's Lydia Cornell or Connell? Or is she just a good example?
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe