The Wisdom of Ann Coulter

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby kilroy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:35 pm

Writes in a schreeching style similar to Coulter's, but without as much polish or logic.

how is this possible? i don't understand.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Captain_Solo » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Captain_Solo wrote:But Ann Coulter is worse then any of the forementioned indivuals. She is just an outright liar and a hateful right-wing nutecase.

Ok, lets stop there for a minute, and say we accept what you (and others) are claiming at face value: she is an outright liar and a hateful right-wing nutcase.

Now, is she worse because:
she's a liar
or
she's hateful
or
she's a nutcase
or
she's right wing.

I humbly submit that it's the last one that drives a lot people's animosity towards her.

Michael Moore, for example, is a liar, hateful, and a nutcase. But he's left wing, so he's "not as bad".

Maureen Dowd, for example, is a liar, hateful, and a nutcase. But she's left wing, so she's "nod as bad".

Kos, aka Markos Moulitsas Zúniga, is a liar, hateful, and a nutcase. But he's left wing, so he's "not as bad".

Whatever you might think about Coulter, she has pretty strong credentials. Graduated from Cornell, got a law degree from U of Michigan Law School. Was an attorney for the DOJ, and "practiced law with the Center For Individual Rights, a public interest law firm dedicated to the defense of individual rights with particular emphasis on civil rights, freedom of speech and the free exercise of religion".

Hardly the fire breathing demon she's made out to be. Except, she's made the one unpardonable sin: she's criticized the left. Lying, being hateful, or being a nutcase (see Al Gore)...all forgivable, as long as you sit on the left side of the fence.

The blatant, persistent hypocrisy of the left still astounds me.

As I'm not a leftist, but a Muslim I couldn't care less if people critized the left. I hate much of what the left stands for myself (abortion, homosexuality, etc) and I loath such traditional left-wing organizations such as Planned Parenthood and think the ACLU is a useless anti-religious anti-God ultra-secuarist organization. My problem with Coulter has nothing to do with any love for the left, because I have none. And who cares what schools Coulter went to? That doesn't pave over her numerous fascist lies and hateful incitement. Bush went to Yale and he is the biggest douchebag in Washington. So schools are irrelevent as far as I'm concerned. And Tarkan don't start accusing me of hypocrasy while you are defending the likes of Ann Coulter. You are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing: believing it is all right to be a lying, hateful, nutcase as long as that person is of your particular political worldview. How is Ann Coulter any different then Maureen Dowd (which I already said I didn't like)?
Captain_Solo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aegis » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:55 pm

Hey! Douchebag doesn't filter as Showerhead anymore! Yea!

douchebag!
douchebag!!
doushebag!!!
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Location: The dark heart of "Red" Oregon... or I guess its "Blue" Oregon now.

Postby goat balls » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:13 pm

faggot

faggot

faggot

hey .. no more bundle of sticks...maybe Kurt got his own Carnivore?
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dim » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:17 pm

Michael Moore, for example, is a liar, hateful, and a nutcase. But he's left wing, so he's "not as bad".

Maureen Dowd, for example, is a liar, hateful, and a nutcase. But she's left wing, so she's "nod as bad".

Kos, aka Markos Moulitsas Zúniga, is a liar, hateful, and a nutcase. But he's left wing, so he's "not as bad".

Prove it. Here are some Coulter quotes that (I think) indicate that she is, at the least, unhinged, certainly a hateful nutcase. The countless reviews of her books, by both left and right wing critics (Anne Applebaum, for example) proves that she is a compulsive liar).

Michael Moore and Kos are certainly partisan but I bet you can't cite anything even from them that's even remotely comparable to Coulters insane gibberish.

"The ethic of conservation is the explicit abnegation of man's dominion over the Earth. The lower species are here for our use. God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet--it's yours. That's our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars -- that's the Biblical view."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building."

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote. No, they all have to give up their vote, not just, you know, the lady clapping and me. The problem with women voting -- and your Communists will back me up on this -- is that, you know, women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it. And when they take these polls, it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care."

“Americans understand that Manhattan is the Soviet Union.”

"Democrats know that the American people support defending America, unlike them. Their real feelings are coming out as much as they can right now, which is that they're desperately dying to provide aid and support to al-Qaeda."
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bobby Sands » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:11 pm

goat balls wrote:Allright Bobby...I'll bite. Who's Lydia Cornell or Connell? Or is she just a good example?

An actress who's signature role was playing a chick with large breasts and a low IQ on an 80's sitcom called "Too Close for Comfort."

Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby Bobby Sands » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:17 pm

Bobby Sands wrote:
goat balls wrote:Allright Bobby...I'll bite. Who's Lydia Cornell or Connell? Or is she just a good example?

An actress who's signature role was playing a chick with large breasts and a low IQ on an 80's sitcom called "Too Close for Comfort."

Her brunette sister with the A-cup chest was the brainy one. God bless American sitcoms.
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Chanel Zero

Postby sillyslicker » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:43 pm

Is this the Jerry Spinger Show ?
By far the best proof is experience.

-Sir Francis Bacon-
sillyslicker

Postby Tarkan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:20 pm

Dim wrote:Prove it. Here are some Coulter quotes that (I think) indicate that she is, at the least, unhinged, certainly a hateful nutcase. The countless reviews of her books, by both left and right wing critics (Anne Applebaum, for example) proves that she is a compulsive liar).

Michael Moore and Kos are certainly partisan but I bet you can't cite anything even from them that's even remotely comparable to Coulters insane gibberish.

Really!?

This is Kos on the four contractors that were killed, burned, and dismembered in Fallujah:

"Let the people see what war is like. This isn't an Xbox game. There are real repercussions to Bush's folly.

That said, I feel nothing over the death of merceneries. They aren't in Iraq because of orders, or because they are there trying to help the people make Iraq a better place. They are there to wage war for profit. Screw them."

That sounds pretty hateful to me.

Or, here is a quote from Michael Moore:

"Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right.
They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush,
then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for
him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California
-- these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!"

That sounds pretty unhinged and hateful to me. Sounds like he would've been perfectly happy if they had plowed their planes into a Houston suburb instead of the WTC.

Dim wrote:"The ethic of conservation is the explicit abnegation of man's dominion over the Earth. The lower species are here for our use. God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet--it's yours. That's our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars -- that's the Biblical view."

Might be loony, but it's hardly hateful.

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building."

If she meant it literally, it would be hateful. Unlike Moore or Kos, however, who truly meant what they said above, Coulter was using hyperbole and this was her attempt at a joke.

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote. No, they all have to give up their vote, not just, you know, the lady clapping and me. The problem with women voting -- and your Communists will back me up on this -- is that, you know, women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it. And when they take these polls, it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care."

Again, her attempt at humor. Not exactly hateful.

“Americans understand that Manhattan is the Soviet Union.”

Again, how is this hateful? Hyperbole yes, illustrative of a point, yes. Hateful, no. Hateful is saying something along the lines of Kos, as in "I hope you all die"...and meaning it.

"Democrats know that the American people support defending America, unlike them. Their real feelings are coming out as much as they can right now, which is that they're desperately dying to provide aid and support to al-Qaeda."

This is no more hateful than Moore claiming Bush is in bed with the Bin-Ladens.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Captain_Solo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:27 pm

So Michael Moore is always serious and Ann Coulter is always using hyperbole? Come on Tarkan, you know that is a load of horse shit. I agree that Moore makes extreme and ridiculous claims (such as the Bush-bin Laden stuff which is pure crap). But if you can argue that Coulter is just hooked on hyperbole (which I highly doubt) then can I use the same arguement for people like David Duke or Louis Farrakhan? Maybe some of their more outragous statements were just jokes?
Captain_Solo
BFCus Regularus

Postby mach1 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:50 pm

--

Anne

ImageImageImageImage

O-hh the poor girl. No one ever asked her out in Grade VIII. Heh heh-lol

but..which one of those above girls is Anne?

--
Ride the Walrus
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

Postby Dim » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:00 pm

The only thing that holds water here is Kos's comment. As stated above, claiming that Coulter is 'just kidding' (she constantly emphasises that she is dead serious and really means everything she says, btw) while holding Michael Moore to account for his hyperbole is disingenous. As is dismissing the Coulter comments that I cited because they were only loony and hateful, but not insane (or various permutations of this).

This is no more hateful than Moore claiming Bush is in bed with the Bin-Ladens.

It's not the hatefulness that's relevant here, it's the nutcase quotient. Moore makes his allegations against the Bush family, using real facts (Bush Snr and the bin Ladens did in fact have some kind of business relationship, however distant) to smear George W Bush. Coulter seems to believe that all democrats - literally tens of millions of Americans - are supporters of Al Quaida. She provides no evidence or argument to support this. She just repeats it over and over again.

I've read plenty of interviews with Coulter - she holds something of a fatal attraction for left-wing publications - and I think she's a smart person with a very quick mind, and that she's either mentally ill or heavily medicated. This isn't because I disagree with her, or don't get it - PJ O'Rourke and William Buckley are comic, Coulter is crazy.

Re Kos.

A quick google search of Kos's comments quoted above turn up the following related post by him:

There's been much ado about my indifference to the Mercenary deaths in Falluja a couple days ago. I wrote in some diary comments somewhere that "I felt nothing" and "screw them". My language was harsh, and, in reality, not true. Fact is, I did feel something. That's why I was so angry.

I was angry that five soldiers -- the real heroes in my mind -- were killed the same day and got far lower billing in the newscasts. I was angry that 51 American soldiers paid the ultimate price for Bush's folly in Iraq in March alone. I was angry that these mercenaries make more in a day than our brave men and women in uniform make in an entire month. I was angry that the US is funding private armies, paying them $30,000 per soldier, per month, while the Bush administration tries to cut our soldiers' hazard pay. I was angry that these mercenaries would leave their wives and children behind to enter a war zone on their own violition [sic].

You can (and I suspect, will) choose to see this as glib ass-covering, but they aren't the words of 'a liar, hateful, and a nutcase.'

Contrast with Coulters latest gem.
"I think it's unquestionable that Republicans are more likely to prevent the next attack. However, I will grant that John Kerry will improve the economy in the emergency services and body bag industry."
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:04 pm

Captain_Solo wrote:So Michael Moore is always serious and Ann Coulter is always using hyperbole? Come on Tarkan, you know that is a load of horse shit. I agree that Moore makes extreme and ridiculous claims (such as the Bush-bin Laden stuff which is pure crap). But if you can argue that Coulter is just hooked on hyperbole (which I highly doubt) then can I use the same arguement for people like David Duke or Louis Farrakhan? Maybe some of their more outragous statements were just jokes?

No, of course not. But you miss the point. The point isn't that she doesn't cross over the line...she does.

But Michael Moore, and a lot of other partisan Democratic hacks have crossed over the line, are just as famous, if not more so, but you hardly ever see supposed independents like 'Patriot' saying they "HATE HATE HATE that fucker Michael Moore". And the only real difference is the political spectrum their hatred is directed to. Patriot doesn't hate Michael Moore because he agrees with Michael Moore, even if what MM is saying is patently false. So does Dim, apart from the times when his intellectual integrity forces him to dissociate from Michael Moore.

What do *I* think about Ann Coulter? I think she makes some valid points. I also think she totally discredits those points with her hyperbole rhetoric, however. Exactly the same as Michael Moore. I don't hate either one, but they are both blowhards.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aegis » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:28 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Captain_Solo wrote:So Michael Moore is always serious and Ann Coulter is always using hyperbole? Come on Tarkan, you know that is a load of horse shit. I agree that Moore makes extreme and ridiculous claims (such as the Bush-bin Laden stuff which is pure crap). But if you can argue that Coulter is just hooked on hyperbole (which I highly doubt) then can I use the same arguement for people like David Duke or Louis Farrakhan? Maybe some of their more outragous statements were just jokes?

No, of course not. But you miss the point. The point isn't that she doesn't cross over the line...she does.

But Michael Moore, and a lot of other partisan Democratic hacks have crossed over the line, are just as famous, if not more so, but you hardly ever see supposed independents like 'Patriot' saying they "HATE HATE HATE that fucker Michael Moore". And the only real difference is the political spectrum their hatred is directed to. Patriot doesn't hate Michael Moore because he agrees with Michael Moore, even if what MM is saying is patently false. So does Dim, apart from the times when his intellectual integrity forces him to dissociate from Michael Moore.

What do *I* think about Ann Coulter? I think she makes some valid points. I also think she totally discredits those points with her hyperbole rhetoric, however. Exactly the same as Michael Moore. I don't hate either one, but they are both blowhards.

Ummm.... I'm an independent (a right-leaning indy, but an indy no less) and I say that (more or less, and ususally more articulately) at every conceivable occasion. And I say the same about Coulter.
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Location: The dark heart of "Red" Oregon... or I guess its "Blue" Oregon now.

Postby Tarkan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:34 pm

Aegis wrote:Ummm.... I'm an independent (a right-leaning indy, but an indy no less) and I say that (more or less, and ususally more articulately) at every conceivable occasion. And I say the same about Coulter.

Well, I didn't call you a supposed independent, now did I.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe